Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
Naratak
Naratak began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad Book Edition
Manga-pdfs don't save and stupid scribble.irx

Hi,
i have a little problem with my manga-pdfs. First all "normal" ebooks in pdf format work perfectly. But pdf which contains manga don't save the page where i was and always appears a scribble.irx in the folder of the pdf. This problem has started after i got my iLiad back from repair, changed from sd to cf card, installed the developer pack and fbreader. I'm not sure which of this was the trigger of my problems. Hope you can help me
Naratak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
Naratak

New information: Every pdf has this problem. Only the one i have started to read on the sd card save the last page. Any ideas?

Edit: It seems that it doesn't make an folder with the name of the pdf and also no manifest.xml. The scribble.irx is in the same folder like the pdf and has 0 Byte.

Another Edit: Solved. I've deleted some folders (mrxvt and a _local) and now all works fine.

Last edited by Naratak; 02-17-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Advert
Old 02-18-2009, 03:01 AM   #3
Naratak

Forget the last edit. After a reboot the problem is back. And actually there is no folder _local or anythink similar. I'm out of idea. Is there no solution?
Old 02-18-2009, 06:07 AM   #4
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Hey Naratak,

sad to hear that you have such trouble with your device. I can understand that at some point it just gets frustrating. Anyway...

Your problem sounds like your storage card simply has no space left. Is that the case? The iLiad needs some space to create new files like manifest.xml and scribble.irx.

You could also try to re-format the card on your PC. But please make sure to backup all your data before.

And a third thing: Does this problem only occur when you use the CF card, or does it happen on the internal memory too?

Edit: Another one: How do you copy files over to your device? I assume you connect the iLiad via USB and copy things over, right? If that is the case, please check whether you have chosen to export the CF card via USB (it's in the device's settings on page 3).

Last edited by -Thomas-; 02-18-2009 at 06:10 AM.
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
Naratak

No there is space left. The card has 4gb and i think i only use 200mb. I will check the internal memory. And yes i copy via usb and the cf card is chosen.

Is it possible to re-format the cf card in the irex or do i need an card reader?

Edit: So i have tested somethink:
1. iLiad says the cf has 0 byte left. Windows says 3.54gb are free.
2. A sd card with 256gb works perfect. iLiad shows the correct amount of free memory.
3. Internal memory works, too.

Last edited by Naratak; 02-18-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Advert
Old 02-18-2009, 12:34 PM   #6
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naratak View Post
Edit: So i have tested somethink:
1. iLiad says the cf has 0 byte left. Windows says 3.54gb are free.
OK, looks like this is the core problem. Could you please check out one more thing: Open the mrvxt terminal and run the command
Code:
mount
You should get something like this:
Code:
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/tffsa1 on / type ext2 (rw,noatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
ramfs on /dev type ramfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
none on /var/tmp type ramfs (rw)
/dev/tffsa5 on /mnt/protected type ext2 (rw)
/dev/tffsa6 on /mnt/free type vfat (rw,sync)
/dev/tffsa7 on /mnt/settings type ext2 (rw,sync)
/dev/hda1 on /media/cf type vfat (rw,sync)
usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)
This displays the file systems on your device, and the line with /dev/hda1 at the beginning is your CF card. I would ask you to post this line here.

Reformatting your CF card will probably solve that problem. I would go for a card reader as I don't know whether it works over the iLiad USB connection.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #7
Naratak

Quote:
/dev/hda1 on /media/cf type vfat (rw,sync)
same as yours
Old 02-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #8
-Thomas-
Addict

Hmm, so the CF card is not mounted as read-only... I think re-formatting is the only way to get it working.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:24 AM   #9
Naratak

I have re-formated it. At the next day the iLiad corrupted it again after copying some files. Now i use a cardreader to copy my ebooks on the cf card. Hope this solves the problem.
Thanks for your help