Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #1
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Is it bad to leave the Kindle on all day and transferring for hours?

I never turn the Kindle off. Whenever I get home I plug it it to the wall to charge and also to the computer so that my Mobipocket feeds get added on (I have almost 200 feeds). Other than replacing the battery quicker, would this damage the Kindle itself?
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
I never turn the Kindle off. Whenever I get home I plug it it to the wall to charge and also to the computer so that my Mobipocket feeds get added on (I have almost 200 feeds). Other than replacing the battery quicker, would this damage the Kindle itself?
Nope. And, leaving it plugged in will not cause you to need to replace the battery quicker.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #3
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

How about the part of leaving it plugged in to the pc around 14 hrs a day?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:25 PM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
How about the part of leaving it plugged in to the pc around 14 hrs a day?

Nope. Not a problem, won't hurt it at all.

However, I would probably plug it in to the wall as well as hooking it up to the computer if you are going to leave the wireless on .... I don't know if the trickle charge from the USB will keep up with the drain from the Whispernet.

However, if you are downloading from the PC to the Kindle and not using the Whispernet (leaving that off), then you probably won't have to worry.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:26 AM   #5
GatorDeb
Evangelist

I do both When I get home I plug it in to the wall as well as USB, and the only times I take it off are to go to work or to go out with it.
Advert
Old 11-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
<<Whenever I get home I plug it it to the wall to charge>>

Ok, I have to wonder about this. Is there something wrong with your battery that you need to recharge it daily? I get it that you want to download something. Unless I leave wireless on, none of my 3 kindles or nook need to be recharged more than every 3 weeks or so and that's if I've been reading A LOT. I have the eink ones, not the color. The exception is if I am playing an audiobook on my Kindle keyboard. That seems to take a lot more juice and it's not something I do often since my Ipod does a better job.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #7
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
<<Whenever I get home I plug it it to the wall to charge>>

Ok, I have to wonder about this. Is there something wrong with your battery that you need to recharge it daily? I get it that you want to download something. Unless I leave wireless on, none of my 3 kindles or nook need to be recharged more than every 3 weeks or so and that's if I've been reading A LOT. I have the eink ones, not the color. The exception is if I am playing an audiobook on my Kindle keyboard. That seems to take a lot more juice and it's not something I do often since my Ipod does a better job.
This thread is from 2008
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote