Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 02:54 AM   #16
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
If it doesn't come in RED then go with blue.

For what its worth, a darker bezel does seem to make a difference, at least for me.
I own silver 505 (would prefer dark blue, but they were out of stock) and red 600. And I wonder what could be a an argument FOR silver, it reflects quite a bit of light from the reading lamps...
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:09 AM   #17
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Silver looks great with any outfit...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:00 AM   #18
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Silver looks great with any outfit...
I have a bad feeling about that argument, but you could well be right. Silver does go with most clothing or furniture schemes. I, on the other hand, bought mine to read. It also helped that the supplier ONLY HAD red ones in stock and that it was selling them for a considerable discount before the new Sony models arrived.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:35 AM   #19
darylbrayman
Connoisseur
darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Mini, Glo, Aura and Aura H20
Colour

I posted this picture of a silver and pink/red PRS-300 a couple of months ago, I still can see no difference in contrast.

Regards, Daryl

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...147#post779147

PS: Since that post my girlfriend became my wife

Last edited by darylbrayman; 05-03-2010 at 07:36 AM. Reason: better use of the english language!
darylbrayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #20
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by darylbrayman View Post
PS: Since that post my girlfriend became my wife
I don't know if I should congratulate the two of you or send my condolences.........

Congrats!

Hope your years together are great.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #21
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
My original Reader was a Blue PRS-505 that I owned for 1.5 years (this has since been given to my mother). Last July I went to Vegas for a few days and girlfriend and I were sitting by the pool one day. For those that don't know, Vegas temperature in July can reach 110F by noon. With the sun beating down the Blue 505 was too hot to touch. My girlfriends Silver 505 was hot but the Silver color made it a little easier to handle.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #22
lisadawn
lisadawn began at the beginning.

Device: original kindle,k3,sony 530,classic nook(sold), nc(sold)nook touch
I got the pink one Love it!
lisadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:24 AM   #23
sandeepp
sandeepp began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Ezreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadawn View Post
I got the pink one Love it!
Congratulations! Darn...I am still waiting for my blue one to arrive!
sandeepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #24
ludovicus
ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5, Fire HD 10, Sony PRS-T1
Cheese Puffs!

After seeing both the silver and dark blue, I got the silver.

The dark blue one readily shows fingerprints.

Although eating cheese puffs while reading would show on any reader

(Except maybe a bright orange reader!)
ludovicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:21 PM   #25
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I don't think a bright orange reader would work as it would make you think about eating more cheese puffs.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:01 AM   #26
sandeepp
sandeepp began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Ezreader
Every color has its pluses and minuses, it all depends on your personal preference : )
sandeepp is offline   Reply With Quote