Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-14-2009, 04:01 AM   #1
besca147
besca147 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
New to this - hello!

Hello everyone

I've looked at this forum several months ago but decided to now register as I have now got a Sony PRS-505 I figured as I'm new to e-readers, forums where the best place to start for what to do, what to look for, sound information etc.

It's great to meet you all
besca147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi besca147 and welcome to the forum!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Congrats on the new 505! I hope you love yours as much as I love mine. What do you like to read?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
besca147

Thank you both for your warm welcome

lilac_jive, I'm really buzzing about my reader.

I'm currently scouting for free stuff as well as looking in to what I can buy online although I haven't bought anything yet.

I'm a big fan of Dean Koontz and had bought a paper book prior to the reader which I'm to read after my current paper book. I also enjoy the medical thrillers by Robin Cook. More recently, I've read a couple of Jill Mansell's; an entirely different genre from my usual and found that I loved her humour.

I love reading psychology books too but tend to have a negative reaction to that if I read one of those at work.

Thing is, it takes me ages to read a book so library books are no good as I'd keep having to get them out again and I'm running out of space for paper books at home so the e-reader seemed like a good solution. Also, for the cost of books that I know I enjoy, it's prevented me from exploring others through fear of wasting money, whereas all these freely available material at the moment has just opened up my world as it were.

I feel really excited!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi besca147 and welcome to the Forum.I got a 505 a year ago and really like it.

Plenty of free books around. Check the Forum Upload Section here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126 for lots of free classics.

Also keep an eye on the Forum Freebies section. I've picked up lots of free books that way.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
besca147

Thanks for the tip, cassidym
Old 01-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, be sure you sign up for Sony emails on your account. They periodically announce freebies and discounts. Got a Buy One, Get One Free over Christmas.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome, besca147.........enjoy your reader and us!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:39 PM   #9
besca147

Hello to everyone who has replied thus far

I don't know what it is cassidym, but I don't have access to the sony book store. I have authorised/registered my reader but the eBook Library via the cart connects to Waterstones. I wonder if it's because I'm in the UK
Old 01-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #10
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Maybe so. Plenty of your 505-owning countrymen will chime in here I expect with an accurate answer.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by besca147 View Post

I don't know what it is cassidym, but I don't have access to the sony book store. I have authorised/registered my reader but the eBook Library via the cart connects to Waterstones. I wonder if it's because I'm in the UK
Yeah the sony store is not available in UK as of now.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #12
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by besca147 View Post

It is because you're in the UK. If you want to buy books then I'd recommend using places like fictionwise.com and booksonboard.com - both of whom don't care if you live in the UK They tend to be cheaper than Waterstones and are a lot easier to search!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote