Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-03-2024, 07:46 AM   #1
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Accidentally messed up the order of html files

While making some edits to an epub in Sigil, I think I accidentally dragged a html file to the wrong place. The problem is, I didn't notice it at the time and got no warning either. Now I no longer remember which epub it was (I edited a lot of them in the past few days). Is there a way to check the order of html files in epubs without having to go over everything manually, one by one (a real pain, as some books have over a hundred of html files)? In the calibre editor? In Sigil? A Calibre plugin? Something else? I looked, but have found nothing so far. Epubcheck gave me nothing on this. The Quality Check plugin for Calibre has no option for this either.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 11:41 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
When you drag a file using the book browser Sigil will automatically update the opf to note the change. So, no luck with any kind of automated check of the epubs.

What I do is name the files something that makes sense. Instead of some-long-number.html I would give it:
Code:
cover.html
title.html
epigraph.html
Ch01.html
Ch02.html
Ch99.html
AboutheAuthor.html
Alsoby.html
Copyright.html
Then I could easily see if one of the files was out of position.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert