Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-20-2021, 05:48 AM   #1
radlyeel
radlyeel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app on all Apple platforms (iPhone, iMac, iPad, Macbook)
Kindle app fails on Big Sur

I cannot use the Kindle App on my iMac, which I recently upgraded to Big Sur. It runs just fine on my Macbook (both under Windows 10 and OS X Catalina), and on my iPhone. The behavior is this: when I open a book, it takes me to my current location and about five seconds later it crashes with this message: Kindle quit unexpectedly (well, maybe THEY didn't expect it, but I've come to expect it!) and a crash dump that they promise to send to Apple support. I have followed the instructions found here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...2#253005952022
but to no avail. Any other help would be appreciated
radlyeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 08:46 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Have you tried a reboot after doing the above deletions, and perhaps before re-installing the Kindle App? And if so, perhaps another reboot after re-installing the Kindle App?

I have a new M1 macbook, so it came with Big Sur on it, rather than being an update. The Kindle App I got from the Big Sur version App Store works fine. (As opposed to the App store that used to be only in iTunes.)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
big sur, crash