Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-28-2008, 03:35 AM   #1
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Warbreaker- a free book by Brandon Sanderson

Hi folks,

if you head over to www.brandonsanderson.com, you can download warbreaker - a full length novel- for free

If you are than so inclined, you can leave the author a tip

cheers,
kaas
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:56 AM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Interesting. Sanderson was a part of Tor's "Watch The Skies" promotion with Mistborn (I haven't read it yet... Fantasy is not my favorite "genre"... but I will get to it)
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2008, 04:08 AM   #3
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

I have read it and greatly enjoyed the book. I found warbreaker on my quest for further ebooks from Brandon/ Tor...

Have fun,
kaas
Old 07-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I read version 4 of warbreaker. It is an excellent fantasy novel and was released in versions with feedback to improve it. I suspect the latest version is well worth reading if you like books about an alternate universe.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:45 AM   #5
LeisureSuitLarry
LeisureSuitLarry doesn't litterLeisureSuitLarry doesn't litter

Device: K-bob the Kindle
I read version 4.2 of Warbreaker. It was an excellent book. I'm thinking about reading the latest version, 6.1, just to see what changes were made. Many of his loyal followers say Warbreaker is their favorite book, and I might have to agree with them.
LeisureSuitLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2008, 12:59 AM   #6
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Great, I got it on my Reader. I LOVED Mistborn, and I'm so glad Tor had their free ebook giveaway. Cherie Priest, John Scalzi, and Brandon Sanderson so far are my favorite finds from the giveaway. If the 2nd book following Mistborn is released as an ebook I would buy it right away. Ditto Cherie Priest. Already read the rest of Old Man's War through the library though.. i have no room to buy pbooks (grad student living in dorms with family in a foreign country = no storage space, whatsoever.)
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:59 AM   #7
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Just finished it. Found it very good, but then, I like most Sci-Fi.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #8
atidball
Enthusiast
atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Sony PRS-505
The author has posted the final copy-edited version on his site to coincide with the hardcover release. It is currently only available in PDF format. I don't know if he plans to fix that.
atidball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:11 AM   #9
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

It can be bought now (or soon?) in stores as the plan was always to publish it. While I have enjoyed the book, I preferred his mistborn universe...
still, a good read

cheers,
kaas
Old 06-12-2009, 06:36 AM   #10
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
How different it is from the 4.2 version? is it worth a reread?
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
How different it is from the 4.2 version? is it worth a reread?
Compared to 4.2, yes. I haven't got the latest but I have reread a later version than 4.2.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #12
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Compared to 4.2, yes. I haven't got the latest but I have reread a later version than 4.2.

Dale
Thanks. I hope it will be released in just about any other format so I can convert & read it on my sony .
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #13
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Loved Mistborn, not so much Firstborn which I've tried twice to read. Is it like either of these?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #14
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
http://www.brandonsanderson.com/book...-Book-Download

At the bottom of the page are two versions of the 6.1 ebook in prc format. I recommend the version by Kevin.

NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #15
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
I'll try that, thanks !
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote