Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 11-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Kindle Keyboard with Special Offers (Works fine, but...)

I want to offload my Kindle Keyboard since I'm expecting a Paperwhite 2 anyday now. There isn't anything wrong with this Kindle except that there's a tiny little mark here:

NOTE: I took this image from my original thread I posted over a year ago.

Otherwise it works fine. I charged it the other day and the battery is working just fine.

Maybe someone has a demo/blacklisted Kindle Keyboard with a good screen? Maybe you need some newer buttons because yours are smudged?

I wanted to list it here before I risked eBay anyway. It's in good shape other than the small screen speck. And I'm just tired of seeing it sitting on my little desk holder. I don't think its reached that point of its life where it needs to be recycled.

I can post more pictures if needed.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:19 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's a burst cell in the eInk screen. Harmless, and won't "spread".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's a burst cell in the eInk screen. Harmless, and won't "spread".
Yeah. That's what was said in the post I showed it in last year. Amazing how one little burst just devalued it.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Maybe more information would help sell it. Is it Wifi Only? 3G? Any thing going with it? Covers? Cables? Chargers? What price are you interested in With or Without shipping added? You posted the Bad Now you need to add the Good LOL
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Maybe more information would help sell it. Is it Wifi Only? 3G? Any thing going with it? Covers? Cables? Chargers? What price are you interested in With or Without shipping added? You posted the Bad Now you need to add the Good LOL
True...

It's wifi only. And no, besides the exploded area, there is nothing wrong with it other than I haven't kept it in a case, so there's smudges everywhere. But that's pretty fixable by just cleaning it. No cables, covers, or chargers.

It only takes $2 to ship it out in an envelope that is 3-day shipping, so I'd include that in my price. Maybe $30? Really, I just want it out of here more than I want the money. But I don't like simply donating my stuff because someone's just going to end up grabbing it from my local resale for a dollar and then put it on eBay themselves. There are more bargain hunters at those places than there is people who REALLY benefit from the low prices.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well Gee IF thats all you want Why NOT just Trade it into Amazon? They Offer $27 & They pay Shipping!!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Well Gee IF thats all you want Why NOT just Trade it into Amazon? They Offer $27 & They pay Shipping!!
Amazon won't pay $27 for it with the screen flaw and no charger/cable. The most Amazon will give is $3.25.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #8
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

WOW Your Kidding?? Guess I will just keep mine then!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #9
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Yep, haha. That's how all the recycling programs work. And if they reject stuff, it usually comes back damaged.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #10
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Live & Learn! Today I Learned LOL Maybe you can pass it to a friend? Of course you still might have luck selling it.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
WOW Your Kidding?? Guess I will just keep mine then!
I'm not kidding. There are three settings for the condition of the item and for a Kindle, you only get a mere pittance if the screen is not perfect and it doesn't have the charge and the cable. Amazon is basically cheating you in this case.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
oops.

Last edited by new; 11-11-2013 at 11:57 AM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #13
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm not kidding. There are three settings for the condition of the item and for a Kindle, you only get a mere pittance if the screen is not perfect and it doesn't have the charge and the cable. Amazon is basically cheating you in this case.
But her screen is not damaged its the pack behind it or so I understand?? This information is soo interesting but I sorry I took it hope dont get me or anyone into trouble
Old 11-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #14
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
But her screen is not damaged its the pack behind it or so I understand?? This information is soo interesting but I sorry I took it hope dont get me or anyone into trouble
Ehh, don't worry, it happens all the time.

The screen is just one piece. So it'd have to be replaced all in one go. They cost as much as the device itself. And as much as I'd like to fix it myself, knowing me I'd probably lose my finger considering I almost did when replacing a keyboard a few years back on my laptop. How? I poked myself with the clips that snap it in.

Amazon uses a third-party for their trade-in program. Which is why they're really touchy because they both have to profit from every trade. It's bad enough that people have to keep sending Kindles back because they don't like the screen, imagine people who send back used stuff until they get one they like. It's a waste to sell used stuff that isn't in at least A- grade condition.

Most likely they just throw out the $3 Kindles.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #15
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Well then maybe some one will buy it for parts. Tho it looks like its readable to me.