Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #166
hornpipe2
hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Trying to build this for k2i from command line, but I can't seem to figure out how to make the classpath setup right.
Steps:
* pull a .zip from github, here: https://github.com/AwakenHuman/ChineseChessForKindle
* unzip it, step into directory
* ant

Errors begin with:
Code:
-do-compile:
    [javac] Compiling 15 source files to /Users/grkenn/src/ChineseChessForKindle-master/build/classes
    [javac] /Users/grkenn/src/ChineseChessForKindle-master/src/vn/vhn/amazon/kindle/chinesechess/Main.java:8: package com.amazon.kindle.kindlet does not exist
    [javac] import com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.AbstractKindlet;
    [javac]                                 ^
    [javac] /Users/grkenn/src/ChineseChessForKindle-master/src/vn/vhn/amazon/kindle/chinesechess/Main.java:9: package com.amazon.kindle.kindlet does not exist
    [javac] import com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.KindletContext;
I tried putting a copy of the Kindle .jar files in *every single folder under the root* and it still failed to find, so I guess it's referring to an external location above the project folder. But I'm a totally clueless monkey when it comes to working with Java + Ant so I have no idea how to change the CLASSPATH to the correct location.
hornpipe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #167
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornpipe2 View Post
Trying to build this for k2i from command line, but I can't seem to figure out how to make the classpath setup right.
Steps:
* pull a .zip from github, here: https://github.com/AwakenHuman/ChineseChessForKindle
* unzip it, step into directory
* ant

Errors begin with:
Code:
-do-compile:
    [javac] Compiling 15 source files to /Users/grkenn/src/ChineseChessForKindle-master/build/classes
    [javac] /Users/grkenn/src/ChineseChessForKindle-master/src/vn/vhn/amazon/kindle/chinesechess/Main.java:8: package com.amazon.kindle.kindlet does not exist
    [javac] import com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.AbstractKindlet;
    [javac] /Users/grkenn/src/ChineseChessForKindle-master/src/vn/vhn/amazon/kindle/chinesechess/Main.java:9: package com.amazon.kindle.kindlet does not exist
    [javac] import com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.KindletContext;
I tried putting a copy of the Kindle .jar files in *every single folder under the root* and it still failed to find, so I guess it's referring to an external location above the project folder. But I'm a totally clueless monkey when it comes to working with Java + Ant so I have no idea how to change the CLASSPATH to the correct location.
Just put the Kindlet-*.jar somewhere and add it to your classpath, and it'll work.

Don't just put it anywhere ("every single folder under the root"), but know what you are doing and why you are doing it that way. It will work if you set up and configure everything correctly.

Last edited by ixtab; 05-11-2013 at 02:04 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #168
hornpipe2
hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Uh... okay, maybe I should ask my question again in a way that you'll take me seriously, rather than acting as though I have no interest in learning anything and giving me a mini-lecture about using tools properly?

"I know that I need to put the Kindlet .jar files in the classpath so they can be found by the import statements. However, I have limited experience with javac, even less with Ant, and least of all using Ant command-line to compile a project which was probably generated by NetBeans given all the nb* files in the repository.

I tried putting the files in all the 'obvious' locations, but it still didn't work. I also tried modifying project.properties and adding libs.Kindlet.path=/home/grkenn/src/kindle (where I store the various Kindle jars) and adding an echo @{classpath} to build-impl.xml, which showed that I had indeed set the location properly, but still got the same error.

I feel like I must be missing something obvious. How might I modify build-impl.xml or project.properties or whatever in order to insert my own values for CLASSPATH? Or, alternately, where is default CLASSPATH so I might simply put my .jar files there and not have this problem again?"
hornpipe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #169
farfeduc
Kindle Addict
farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Is it possible to cross-compile or adapt this game onto the kindle paperwhite?

Here is the game on linux : (with sources) http://nine-mens-morris.net/downloads.html

here is a demo taken for Assassin's creed III : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DS9BCXtPd4

(I like this game a lot so I was wondering if it can be adapted.)
farfeduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:36 AM   #170
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornpipe2 View Post
I tried putting the files in all the 'obvious' locations, but it still didn't work. I also tried modifying project.properties and adding libs.Kindlet.path=/home/grkenn/src/kindle (where I store the various Kindle jars) and adding an echo @{classpath} to build-impl.xml, which showed that I had indeed set the location properly, but still got the same error.

I feel like I must be missing something obvious. How might I modify build-impl.xml or project.properties or whatever in order to insert my own values for CLASSPATH? Or, alternately, where is default CLASSPATH so I might simply put my .jar files there and not have this problem again?"
I guess you need to start everything again from scratch again with the following steps (It works for me ):

1. Get the source code and put it in a new directory.
2. Install the latest version of Netbean.
3. Install the Java Development Kit.
4. Open the project (point to the directory of your source code).
5. Under the Project inside the Netbean IDE, add a library that contains your Kindlet JAR files.
6. Compiled the code and you should get warnings only but not fatal errors.
7. Modified the post-compile xml file to suit your development environment.

Good Luck!
Awak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:56 AM   #171
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfeduc View Post
Is it possible to cross-compile or adapt this game onto the kindle paperwhite?

Here is the game on linux : (with sources) http://nine-mens-morris.net/downloads.html

here is a demo taken for Assassin's creed III : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DS9BCXtPd4

(I like this game a lot so I was wondering if it can be adapted.)
Hmm... Thanks for the information - But this thread is for Chinese Chess, may be we should start a new thread for it and see if anyone interested?

A brief look at the game seems to me is "TOO SIMPLE" to play. I would rather try the "Twelve Men's Morris" (also known as Morabaraba - Google it if you don't know) rather than "Nine Men" as it will be getting more interesting.

Do we have source code for "Twelve Men's Morris"? Is there a bigger one such as "24 Men's Morris"??
Old 05-24-2013, 06:25 AM   #172
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
*cough* https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=213566 *cough*
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #173
tmn
tmn began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite, lifebook
My paperwhite copy to documents folder it's running
tmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:41 AM   #174
matkieng
matkieng began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
hi.
Thank you so much for this great game! i very love chinese chess and i very hapy with this kindlet, i played alot and i got smal idea, can you do the board size to bigger? the biger is better, and can you add function for setup pieces? by the way i can make a puzzle myself
matkieng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #175
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by matkieng View Post
hi.
Thank you so much for this great game! i very love chinese chess and i very hapy with this kindlet, i played alot and i got smal idea, can you do the board size to bigger? the biger is better
Well, I think the current size is almost used up the whole screen...unless you want a "zoom" mode which magnified part of the screen? Or else you have a better idea how to do it??

Quote:
and can you add function for setup pieces? by the way i can make a puzzle myself
Yes, I have been planned to give it a "Chess Editor" - But just too lazy or leak of motivation to kick start...

Since you can make a puzzle, how about teach me a few tricks so that I can ask the computer to generate surprising chess puzzle itself! Of course, it must also including solutions - Nobody like an unsolvable puzzle ...
Old 09-22-2013, 01:03 AM   #176
matkieng
matkieng began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
yeah, can you do "zoom" function to zoom in whole board size? thank you so much.
I recently replaced the old with the new openingbook, include 12,000 master games of china from 1990 to 2008, the software can play stronger now . By this ideal, I will also use computers to solve all the puzzles and add it to the opening.
Below is the software used to solve the puzzels on the computer.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KindleChineseChess-touch.0.1.4.zip (258.7 KB, 277 views)
File Type: zip XieXie.zip (175.5 KB, 263 views)
matkieng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:29 AM   #177
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

windows huh... hmm..
Old 09-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #178
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by matkieng View Post
yeah, can you do "zoom" function to zoom in whole board size? thank you so much.
That won't be easy - But I will take a look on how to do it...

Quote:
I recently replaced the old with the new openingbook, include 12,000 master games of china from 1990 to 2008, the software can play stronger now . By this ideal, I will also use computers to solve all the puzzles and add it to the opening.
Where is the "12,000" master games? I cannot find it in your attachment??

Quote:
Below is the software used to solve the puzzels on the computer.
It seems the "XieXie" software is running on PC only, but not on the Kindle!

But thanks for the sharing anyway and the software is running very fast - Is there any special thing I should look at with this "XieXie" software?

What do you mean it can be used to solve the puzzles? How? And most importantly, where is the puzzles?
Old 09-29-2013, 11:58 PM   #179
twobob

http://www.cc-xiexie.com/download.php ??