Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #511
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
just two. with the second replacement coming tomorrow it is three paperwhites in all
heatherlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #512
drewh
Connoisseur
drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

UPS came today to pick up the Kindle going back -fairly good process with the prepaid label but I'd nicely sealed up the boxes.. had to reopen them!

My '502' is currently in Louisville, Kentucky - come to Brisbane, Australia already!!
drewh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:22 AM   #513
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

why did you have to open up the boxes? I wanted to do the ups scheduled pick up but I wasn't sure if that would cost me any money. I was just going to send the paperwhites back in their original black boxes. that was exactly how amazon sent me my first replacement which I didn't appreciate all that much
Old 02-26-2013, 12:27 AM   #514
drewh
Connoisseur
drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It was really easy Heather (and cost nothing). Basically, keep the boxes unsealed so they can inspect the contents (I just used a stanley knife to slice open the tape I so carefully put on...!). Print out the UPS prepaid label and when you do it'll auto print 3 copies of the invoices. Sign all at the bottom of each and date it and attach label over the one on the underside of the box (or if none just put it there). When the guy/gal comes round, they'll inspect the black box (I did same, used box it came in), check the invoices, then tell you to seal it up and check your ID. They'll scan it and head off - make a note of the tracking number and then you can see yourself when it reaches Amazon.

Really easy and much preferred to going and queueing at the PO.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:33 AM   #515
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

ohh okay that seems easy. the only part I didn't get was what you said about the three invoices. I printed out my return labels and all they are are just pre-paid labels. or do you mean the ups person prints out the invoices?
Old 02-26-2013, 01:10 AM   #516
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewh View Post
It was really easy Heather (and cost nothing). Basically, keep the boxes unsealed so they can inspect the contents (I just used a stanley knife to slice open the tape I so carefully put on...!). Print out the UPS prepaid label and when you do it'll auto print 3 copies of the invoices. Sign all at the bottom of each and date it and attach label over the one on the underside of the box (or if none just put it there). When the guy/gal comes round, they'll inspect the black box (I did same, used box it came in), check the invoices, then tell you to seal it up and check your ID. They'll scan it and head off - make a note of the tracking number and then you can see yourself when it reaches Amazon.
That's odd. I have returned a Kindle and Kindle Fire. He just puts the pre paid label that he has for me on it. I didn't have to print anything.

My UPS never inspects my pick ups and they are all ready sealed and ready to go.

I had to once print out a label to tape on a return that went to the UPS Store that hubby dropped off and another for the USPS.

I'm pretty sure I never signed anything.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:38 AM   #517
drewh
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn View Post
ohh okay that seems easy. the only part I didn't get was what you said about the three invoices. I printed out my return labels and all they are are just pre-paid labels. or do you mean the ups person prints out the invoices?
Soz heather just saw this. On the amazon prepaid label page, see the 'print this mailing label', click it then go print. It'll automatically print three invoices with it. Apparently any international package needs the three (maybe yours being all in the US doesnt though?) so the guy checked them and told me to sign and date the bottom of each.

blossom - I didn't sign anything of theirs... he just wanted to check in the box, then looked at the 3 invoices for each (I hadn't signed them), so told me to, then he scanned them. Maybe its an Aus thing but he apologised saying they had to check inside them. Maybe the next time he comes round he won't bother, who knows? I guess there could be anything in there so important for them to check inside. He didn't bring any label, I printed the prepaid ones on here. Prob international shipments are more heavily scrutinised? who knows.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #518
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Weird, I thought only large items get picked up by UPS for free. So all these times, I really would not have needed to drive to a store to mail them back?!?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #519
drewh
Connoisseur

xendula, think you have to ask for it. First time I got the label where 'you pay shipping' and they reimburse you. I went into the online chat and asked if I could have a prepaid label - done! Aus Post would have charged $35 minimum, so UPS in such huge volume is prob same or less..?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #520
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
xendula, think you have to ask for it. First time I got the label where 'you pay shipping' and they reimburse you. I went into the online chat and asked if I could have a prepaid label - done! Aus Post would have charged $35 minimum, so UPS in such huge volume is prob same or less..?
In the US, if you return a defective device, they usually email you a free shipping label that you can print out, but I have always dropped off the box to Staples or OfficeMax. Had I known they come pick it up, I would have requested it. Sounds like great service.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #521
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
In the UK for a Kindle return, they email you a label to print and you have to take it to a Yodel Connect Plus drop point in a local(ish) shop - in my case the nearest one was a Spar a mile and bit away... I would have much preferred to be able to drop it off at the local post office 100 yards from home

Last edited by Yolina; 02-26-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #522
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Soz heather just saw this. On the amazon prepaid label page, see the 'print this mailing label', click it then go print. It'll automatically print three invoices with it. Apparently any international package needs the three (maybe yours being all in the US doesnt though?) so the guy checked them and told me to sign and date the bottom of each.

blossom - I didn't sign anything of theirs... he just wanted to check in the box, then looked at the 3 invoices for each (I hadn't signed them), so told me to, then he scanned them. Maybe its an Aus thing but he apologised saying they had to check inside them. Maybe the next time he comes round he won't bother, who knows? I guess there could be anything in there so important for them to check inside. He didn't bring any label, I printed the prepaid ones on here. Prob international shipments are more heavily scrutinised? who knows.
I'll bet it's a customs thing. I didn't realize you was out of country.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #523
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
In the US, if you return a defective device, they usually email you a free shipping label that you can print out, but I have always dropped off the box to Staples or OfficeMax. Had I known they come pick it up, I would have requested it. Sounds like great service.
I think it depends on how you paid for shipping. The first time the guy overnighted one to me so he arranged for the other to be picked up. The second time I had paid for overnight shipping on my Kindle Fire.So they overnighted me a replacement and arrange for it to be picked up at the same time.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #524
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

okay somebody hold me back from going over the deep end because i am going to cry

i got my replacement and it has MORE white pixels than the first. they are all coming from the same facility, same batch number, what do i expect? i'm ready to return all three and just be done with this. it is beyond frustrating.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #525
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn View Post
okay somebody hold me back from going over the deep end because i am going to cry

i got my replacement and it has MORE white pixels than the first. they are all coming from the same facility, same batch number, what do i expect? i'm ready to return all three and just be done with this. it is beyond frustrating.
Oh no, I'm sorry. How disappointing and frustrating.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote