Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
Where do you buy ebooks?

I used to be a loyal fictionwise customer but since April 1 I have been unable to find what I want to buy there.

Who has a great selection of books from all the major publishers at competitive prices?

I browse amazon, kobo, fictionwise, sony store. What else am I missing?
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I don't buy from the Agency 5, and I don't buy DRM-locked ebooks. So I'm not going to be much help with "all the major publishers" (who are trying, by the way, to get the whole concept of "competitive" out of "prices").

There are alternatives: Baen. BookView Cafe. BeWrite.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Amazon. Public domain books from Feedbooks through their Kindle guide document.

I don't care about DRM (don't like it, but I don't re-read nor loan things so it doesn't affect me at the end of the day), who the publisher is etc. I just generally won't pay more than $10 for an e-book, nor more than the cost of the paper back on Amazon if it's a title available in paperback.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #4
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Kobobooks.com are covering most of my needs right now. Baen have a good selection of fiction from other publishers (like Night Shade, whom I particularly favour), and there's also booksonboard.com, whom I mention because you didn't. I'd say kobo are top of my pile since Fictionwise started sliding.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote