7. 13 10.48%
8. 30 24.19%
9. 7 5.65%
10. Huge success 100% Pass 6 4.84%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #46
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Definitely.

Pinning tiles would be nice. I can already ban them forever if I want to, but, pinning them isn't as easy.

Hmm, actually, that would work, but it wouldn't be practical.
*Snuggles next to David-Brains-For*

Also be able to unpin too when the whim struck
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #47
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
*Snuggles next to David-Brains-For*
I'm not sure if I should let my wife see that
Quote:
Also be able to unpin too when the whim struck
And that's why it wouldn't be practical. I have a database trigger that automatically dismisses tiles. I have it set so the Sync tile never shows up. I could probably come up with a different trigger that kept a tile on the home screen. But, to remove it later would mean changing or deleting the trigger. That is why it isn't very practical.

And before you ask, creating the dismiss trigger is in the beta version of my Kobo Utilities plugin for calibre. I'll be releasing that version properly tomorrow.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #48
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
I'm not sure if I should let my wife see that
You are right - she might say you can have him

Quote:
And that's why it wouldn't be practical. I have a database trigger that automatically dismisses tiles. I have it set so the Sync tile never shows up. I could probably come up with a different trigger that kept a tile on the home screen. But, to remove it later would mean changing or deleting the trigger. That is why it isn't very practical.
Understood

Quote:
And before you ask, creating the dismiss trigger is in the beta version of my Kobo Utilities plugin for calibre. I'll be releasing that version properly tomorrow.
Wasn't going to - honest, *crosses heart*
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:09 AM   #49
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
You are right - she might say you can have him
It's winter down here, so you're safe.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #50
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm quite happy with the new firmware. Only got the update like two days ago, but I like the new home screen and haven't encountered any new bugs. Let's hope it stays that way
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #51
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
The new home screen is the only reason I updated my Glo, and I love it. I would like to do away with the sync tile. Don't know why they have that there when there are other ways to sync.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #52
Tintin
Enthusiast
Tintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo
If they got rid of that ugly box on sleep screen, I would be reasonably happy.
Tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #53
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
The new home screen is the only reason I updated my Glo, and I love it. I would like to do away with the sync tile. Don't know why they have that there when there are other ways to sync.
I you are using calibre, my Kobo Utilities plugin has a way to get rid of it. And prevent it coming back. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215339 for details.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #54
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
I you are using calibre, my Kobo Utilities plugin has a way to get rid of it. And prevent it coming back. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215339 for details.
Can you point me to which post in particular describes configuring the utility for this function?

Never mind, I figured it out. Fantastic!

Last edited by booklover6; 06-19-2013 at 12:01 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #55
itsmir
Enthusiast
itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I'm pretty happy with 2.6.1 Really like the new home screen and the free space at the top where the title was in 2.5.2 makes the page look more balanced in my opinion.

I don't have the sleep screen set to full screen so don't have to look at the ugly, ugly status box, what were Kobo thinking!

The only negative for me is the extra taps that are needed to change the backlight brightness, but that's hardly a deal breaker - just a minor annoyance.

So for me it gets an 8/10.

Last edited by itsmir; 06-19-2013 at 03:59 PM.
itsmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #56
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
how does it prevent it coming back? i mean, i used it to remove it, but anytime I sync, it of course comes back and I have to use your utility to remove it again.

not complaining just curious what you mean.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #57
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
If you use the option to create a Database Trigger on the Dismiss Tiles from Home screen menu.

What this does it create some database magic, that every time an entry is added to the database table that controls what is on the home screen, the entry is updated to make it non displayable.

When you create the trigger, it uses the current options you have selected in Tile Types.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #58
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
If you use the option to create a Database Trigger on the Dismiss Tiles from Home screen menu.

What this does it create some database magic, that every time an entry is added to the database table that controls what is on the home screen, the entry is updated to make it non displayable.

When you create the trigger, it uses the current options you have selected in Tile Types.
Okay, I think I get it. I will try that next time I have my glo attached!

Thanks for explaining
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #59
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Can you point me to which post in particular describes configuring the utility for this function?

Never mind, I figured it out. Fantastic!
I'm glad you did, because I couldn't remember where it was described.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #60
Barneyabz
Enthusiast
Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo Glo and Kindle 3
First firmware I have actually rolled back from (had previsouly skipped 2.5.2) Decided that whilst 2.6.1 is sleek and seems to perform well I don't like the way the light adjustment works (extra click and in the middle of the screen) Also don't like losing the black bar at the bottom and the wasted header space so have rolled back to 2.5.1. I actually think that 2.4 has less bugs tham 2.5.1 but I think the light can dim a bit more in 2.5.1 than 2.4 which suits me.
Barneyabz is offline   Reply With Quote