Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
uzedia
uzedia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
rapid battery drain

Hello,
I have had my Kobo Glo about 3 weeks and I notice a rapid battery drain. I don't use WIFI and I read about 30 - 60 minutes a day. I usually leave it on Sleep but I find that the battery indicator doesn't give precise values. A few days ago it was around 40%, then a rapid drain to 27% the next morning and in the afternoon of the same day I got the message "Charge your reader". I did a complete charge of the battery two days ago, I read for two nights, last night it was on 99%. I powered it off and turned it on this morning, 94%. Is this normal?
At this rate it will not even last for 20 hours per charge. I am very disappointed, I am going on vacation in about a week and was hoping to have a reader that would give me many hours of reading time. The 15-day period to return it to the store is over, unfortunately. Could there be any other reason for the battery drain?
Thanks for any help!
Ulrike
uzedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See some of the other threads on the same topic.

Battery problems - sideloaded epubs

Battery draining really fast
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2013, 05:21 AM   #3
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Just so you don't have to read all the way to the end of the first link PeterT gave you:

Do you use a case/cover/sleeve? There seems to be a bug in the firmware that causes the battery to drain very fast when the screen is touched while the device is going to sleep.

The work around is: when you're finished reading, put the device to sleep with the slider. WAIT a while (at least until the screen has changed to the sleep screen), and only then close the case or put the device in the sleeve.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery drain, kobo glo