Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
mtambo
mtambo began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket edGe
How to access PE root directory from external computer in USB mode?

Hi Folks,
I'd like to browse my PE using my laptop via USB mode and have ability to transfer back and forth across the entire filesystem on the PE, starting at / . However, when I connect in USB mode, it seems I only get to play with /mnt/sdcard or whatever the default place is, and the PE presents this as though it were the root directory, without any possibility of changing directory upwards. Do any of you know a way around this? Thanks for any help!

-Mark
mtambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:14 AM   #2
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
really can not and is not recommended. stuff can be done via adb and root explorer
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
You can always run a ftp server from the PE and do it that way. There are several in the Market and other places. Try a Google search
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #4
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
i do not think this is what he wants. access to root fs
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #5
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
It will in fact do exactly what he was requesting. I run andFTP client to access via sftp my notebook. I am able to set the local directory to what I want (/, /sdcard /system whatever) and upload files from the PE to my server and vice versa. Granted it is not over USB, which will not work since when the USB storage option only allows access to the sdcard.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert