Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-28-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Changing user on Nook Color (Android in general)

Pretty simple question I think, with Android in general. If I wanted to give my Nook Color to a family member, is it a fairly straight forward process to create a gmail account for them, and unregister myself, and register them?

What about the apps that I've purchased and installed that are tied to MY gmail account? Would they remain on the unit?
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Pretty simple question I think, with Android in general. If I wanted to give my Nook Color to a family member, is it a fairly straight forward process to create a gmail account for them, and unregister myself, and register them?

What about the apps that I've purchased and installed that are tied to MY gmail account? Would they remain on the unit?
I don't have my NC with me so I can't confirm this, but it should be like on a phone. You can de-register by going to the app manager and clearing the data for the Google apps. The apps you purchased from the market should no longer work, as they use a licence check which is linked to your email address, hence they will fail the validation when launched.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Thank you. I'll give that a shot.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
KryptoNyte
Shepherd

Well, clearly there was a part that I missed in my estimations. Registering a device with Barnes and Nobles always occurs prior to rooting, so de-registering a device will work in the rooted state, but you can't re-register it under a different name rooted.

Ended up having to start from scratch. Fortunately, the Autonooter 3.0 makes things go a lot faster these days. Unfortunately, B&N update 1.1.0 + Autonooter 3.0 yields strange wireless cut-outs coming out of sleep that I've never had problems with on previous B&N updates.