Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #106
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
Thanks for the information. I have emailed off my form and am very excited. What a fantastic idea.

so - question. Can you read these books on your Kindle? I have a Sony as well but the kindle is the reader of choice as its a DX and easier for me.

Thanks

Natalie
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #107
DiamondDave
Enthusiast
DiamondDave began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinter View Post
so - question. Can you read these books on your Kindle? I have a Sony as well but the kindle is the reader of choice as its a DX and easier for me.

Thanks

Natalie
Only if the books are .pdf and not epub. It seems like most of the newer Philly books are epub and the older ones are .pdf.
DiamondDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #108
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
Now that I'm sorted, I'm getting fussy. Has anyone else noticed that Philadelphia's Overdrive is often very slow, and sometimes freezes? I am starting to assume that it is overloaded....or perhaps it is just me?
No, I haven't had any issues with their Overdrive. It's been smooth sailing so far.
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #109
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
Quote:
I didn't think that the Kindle could read library books. Most of the books are in epub format, and the rest are pdf. And the Kindle can't read books protected with ADOBE DRM.. that's my understanding. But then again, I might be wrong. I don't own a Kindle so can't say much about it.

Last edited by Almas; 09-11-2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Adding info
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:27 AM   #110
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
I got an email from the library asking me to email my details as they could not read it. No wonder as I had to reduce it pretty small to get it under the 100MB.

Thanks for the Kindle input. Now for the "dummy" question of the day. How do you transfer books from ADE onto the Sony? I already have ADE registered but cant for the life of me remember how to get them over.

Thanks

Natalie
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 03:50 AM   #111
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
I have a kobo not a sony, but when I connect my kobo, it appears as a device in ADE. I simply drag the book I want onto the kobo icon and it copies it over. I assume something similar happens with the sony but I could be wrong
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #112
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
I got an email from the library asking me to email my details as they could not read it. No wonder as I had to reduce it pretty small to get it under the 100MB.

Thanks for the Kindle input. Now for the "dummy" question of the day. How do you transfer books from ADE onto the Sony? I already have ADE registered but cant for the life of me remember how to get them over.

Thanks

Natalie
Load ADE (without Sony library or Calibre running).

ADE should recognise the reader in the left hand pane, (if you have not authorised the reader with ADE you should get a prompt to do so).

Just drag the book(s) from the library view to the reader icon.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #113
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:

Thanks

Natalie
You don't need to actually use ADE at all - I "download" all my books via Sony Library instead, dragging and dropping them to the reader once they show in my library.

NOTE: Sony 505 cannot handle Epub and PDF books at the same time! Similar to kosher meat vs. dairy -- as much as you like of one or the other format on your player.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #114
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I joined the library recently. So far it's been a good experience. I emailed them earlier this morning requesting an EPub, and already received a reply saying they will order the title and it should be available next week.

I'm from the U.S.

Last edited by John F; 10-15-2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Added from the US
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #115
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I never got mine. I submitted it and heard nothing back, so I did the "ask the librarian" thing and they send to resend it and they would keep a special eye. I did so and ccd it to the ask a librarian address with their reply quoted. This was several weeks ago. No response at all.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #116
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I never got mine. I submitted it and heard nothing back, so I did the "ask the librarian" thing and they send to resend it and they would keep a special eye. I did so and ccd it to the ask a librarian address with their reply quoted. This was several weeks ago. No response at all.
Now I don't feel so sheepish. I've also been in a similar situation, right down to one of the librarians asking me to email her personally after my other attempt failed. I think altogether I've emailed them with my application three times, slight variations in the attachment in case it was an image file size issue or something, but their mail server perhaps just really hates my address.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:27 AM   #117
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
Now I don't feel so sheepish. I've also been in a similar situation, right down to one of the librarians asking me to email her personally after my other attempt failed. I think altogether I've emailed them with my application three times, slight variations in the attachment in case it was an image file size issue or something, but their mail server perhaps just really hates my address.
I had the same problems and it took a while to resolve, once it was I have found it a great resource and everybody who responded extremely friendly an helpful.

This is most definitely an image size issue. I think once their server has rejected your email your address must go on their *Blocked* list. If you have the ability it is better to fax it to them.

Or maybe try providing the details asked for on the form via the ask the librarian page - just a thought.
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:01 PM   #118
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Good idea. I might see if I can try another email address first, and other than including my details in the Ask form, maybe I could upload my image and see if they'll be fine with external links. Either way, thanks Roger.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #119
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Mine didn't get there until I reduced the attachment to 75Kb.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #120
weateallthepies
Lord of the Pies
weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Sage, Onyx Boox Leaf 2, iPad Pro
I printed it to PDF using a PDF printer driver, then used Jarnal to complete and sign the form and saved it again as PDF. Kept the size nice and small rather than printing and scanning.
weateallthepies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia, free library, new zealand, non-us, philadelphia