Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Backwards book listing????

Suddenly my Kindle2 list of books (by most recent) seems to be backwards. I don't know how or why? Anyone seen this?

Probably just some stupidity on my part.

Oh and just before I noticed this, I had the thing lock up and I "reset" it by holding the power button on...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Suddenly my Kindle2 list of books (by most recent) seems to be backwards. I don't know how or why? Anyone seen this?

Probably just some stupidity on my part.

Oh and just before I noticed this, I had the thing lock up and I "reset" it by holding the power button on...
Turn on your whispernet and let your clock call home. A full reset without whispernet on also resets your "last read" dates to a default old date - and moves your recently read books to the last page. Then open your recent books and they will move back to the top of the list on page 1.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Turn on your whispernet and let your clock call home. A full reset without whispernet on also resets your "last read" dates to a default old date - and moves your recently read books to the last page. Then open your recent books and they will move back to the top of the list on page 1.
Thanks! I was just doing a search over Amazon and found this as well. It seems to be back now.

I guess it was associated with the lockup.

Thanks Again!
Old 11-08-2009, 03:41 AM   #4
berniej
Enthusiast
berniej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I experienced this a few days ago and I never thought of turning on Whispernet to sync the clock. I fixed it by doing a restore to factory default but I had to re-load my ebooks. good thing I don't do notes/bookmarks.
berniej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Happens to me occasionally, and I just hold the on/off button until the screen completely clears. Then I turn it back on, and that usually fixes the problem.

Didn't know about the Wispernet clock thing, though. I'll give that a try next time. Thanks!!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 06:34 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Yes, but why does this happen?

If mine ever does this, I'll have to use WT Sharpe's method, as Whispernet is unavailable to me.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #7
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
I tried WT Sharpe's method (as I'm outside Whispenet). Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I'll maybe try again later.

Not a big problem. I've lived with it since for several months.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:12 AM   #8
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
I tried WT Sharpe's method (as I'm outside Whispenet). Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I'll maybe try again later.

Not a big problem. I've lived with it since for several months.

Didn't work to fix mine either. I tried just about everything before posting here.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #9
ichbindasauge
Connoisseur
ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 US, iPad, Samsung Win 8 Tablet
If you are outside whispernet range turning the Kindle off and on won't help. Your kindle's internal clock has reset itself back to Jan 1, 1980 or so. I had that happen. The list of books is sorted by dates the books were accessed last. And when you open a book now it was accessed last in 1980 (because your Kindle assumes that's today's date), but the books you opened before have a date of November 2009 or so. That's why the book moves to the end.

If you have whispernet reception your clock should reset itself (to turn your Kindle off and on might speed up that process).

It also helps to open every single book on your kindle - then all the books have a date of 1980.

I have a non-international kindle and live in Germany (no whispernet)- I used the USB Networking hack to access the kindle from the Computer and set the clock. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...068#post617068 and this post for how to change the clock: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...AAA#post514405.

This way I could even set the Kindle to local German time.
ichbindasauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #10
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Thanks for the clarification, Ichbindasauge. Most helpful.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #11
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichbindasauge View Post
If you are outside whispernet range turning the Kindle off and on won't help. Your kindle's internal clock has reset itself back to Jan 1, 1980 or so. I had that happen. The list of books is sorted by dates the books were accessed last. And when you open a book now it was accessed last in 1980 (because your Kindle assumes that's today's date), but the books you opened before have a date of November 2009 or so. That's why the book moves to the end.

If you have whispernet reception your clock should reset itself (to turn your Kindle off and on might speed up that process).

It also helps to open every single book on your kindle - then all the books have a date of 1980.

I have a non-international kindle and live in Germany (no whispernet)- I used the USB Networking hack to access the kindle from the Computer and set the clock. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...068#post617068 and this post for how to change the clock: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...AAA#post514405.

This way I could even set the Kindle to local German time.
Fascinating. I knew that turning my Kindle off and then back on worked for me (although sometimes I had to do it more than once), but I never knew why.

Thanks, ichbindasauge!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote