Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-28-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
rachkmar
rachkmar began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Sigil Import Issue

I don't know if this has been posted and answered before, a quick search didn't turn up anything, but I am having a problem with the way Sigil imports multiple HTML files at once. It imports them in reverse order.

What I do:

I have 20 HTML files, one for each chapter, named chapter1.html, chapter2.html, up to chapter20.html. In the Book Browser I right click>Add Existing Files..., select my chapters, and press enter. When the chapters appear in the Book Browser they are in reverse order (20 first, 19,18).

I had this problem on v5.3, upgraded to 5.902 and still have the problem. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
rachkmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:49 AM   #2
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
I haven't seen that reported anywhere - and its definitely the case that they end up in reverse order. Easily fixed for the next release.

In the meantime you can select the files, right-click on them and use Sort.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2012, 03:06 AM   #3
rachkmar

Ah! Thanks!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:46 AM   #4
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
I used to have a mp3 tagger program that inconsistently did this, the (simple) way I got round it was selecting the files in reverse order on importing.

But as meme says,
Quote:
In the meantime you can select the files, right-click on them and use Sort.
IIRC, It was narrowed down to only doing it either when select first file with ctrl key being pressed, and then last file, or selecting first file, then pressing ctrl + last file
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
rachkmar

That was one of the things I tried. Click last file, shift-click first file. Still same problem. I completely missed the sort option before I posted, but since meme pointed it out, that works for now.
Advert

Tags
import, order, sigil