Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 03-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
rsperberg
Zealot
rsperberg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
General FBReader query

I'm interested in understanding FBReader and how it works, and so I'm looking for any documentation or any developer information at all that has been written down or diagrammed.

Were any documents generated as part of the process of getting FBReader to work in OpenInkpot? I would much appreciate being pointed to them if that is the case.

Thanks,

Roger Sperberg
firstinitial lastname at gmail
Old 03-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
There is no documentation.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
red_dragon
Daywalker
red_dragon is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi Roger,

The code is written in a clear, object oriented style and relatively easy to follow. Do you need something specific (support for book formats; screen display; file handling; ...)?

If you are interested in getting a general understanding, well, depending on your knowledge in C++ and STL and your previous experiences with unknown source code it will take some time...
Old 03-20-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
rsperberg
Zealot
rsperberg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
First, I'm looking to follow the flow of the code. My C++ is beginner level, and while "clear" is better than "obtuse" at my level it's not as helpful as "heavily commented." :-)

Even the most rudimentary breakdown of the program would help me confirm I'm looking at the right pieces to start.

Thanks,
Roger
Old 03-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Probably the best idea is to dig into code and then ask in the IRC channel for the stuff which is not clear after investigation.

I did not have a deep look at the soucres, but what I've seen seems pretty understandable.

Tags
documentation, fbreader