Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #31
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Currently not so easy to get one in Norway. I know I can order one from Germany or Holland but then I get VTA +25% +expensive shipping so I'm looking into the different options. I might have to wait until I make a trip to Germany or France.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #32
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
Oh you're in Euro I see.. Yeah been to France, UK gets expensive with all those VAT stuff just like Canada too. Here in USA some parts have dual taxes. I shop 97% online no tax except those vendors who charge tax.
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #33
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipstir View Post
Are these running Marvel CPU at 1GHz on both models?
The full size eDGe yes (although it's downclocked to 800 MHz, presumably for heat control, or battery life, or stability, or all three).

No official specs have been published yet for the Pocket eDGe, but the enTourage site indicates Nov 8 is the official launch date, at which time official specs should be available.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #34
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Any speculations as to when EE will get Android 2.2?
Old 11-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #35
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Entourage talks about it (Android version upgrades to the edge) here:

http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...-Froyo&p=10557

Short story is, it will be on the pocket edge sooner than the full edge.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 06:39 AM   #36
thinkpad
David

Personally I would rather want to see it with the future Gingerbread version. But as some member on the Entourage forum states:
Quote:
Android Gingerbread requires a minimum hardware spec which includes a 1Ghz cpu.
the eDGe does meet that, but it is underclocked. If it remains underclocked, gingerbread will jot be an option.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:32 PM   #37
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Well, the PE is here and charging. I'll post after I have a chance to explore it! =)
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #38
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Well, the PE is here and charging. I'll post after I have a chance to explore it! =)
SO exciting! I wish you had a web cam hooked up so I can watch. You're the first person I know who's received one.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #39
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, it IS exciting!

I already have a problem though with the set-up. I connect to our open wi-fi here at work (a library) and choose my time zone and the correct time appears at the top of the PE, but then at the bottom it says it wasn't able to do it and to try again or choose another time zone. I've tried doing it over, powering it off and trying again - nothing gets me past this incorrect error message - incorrect because it has found and displayed the correct time. Is there any way to move past this screen and continue with the set-up, does anyone know?
Old 11-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #40
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast

Weird - I don't remember having to select a time zone right off the bat when I set up my regular edge. (Of course, it was months ago) So, I can't picture the screen you're describing.

Have you tried choosing a different, random time zone? (Can always be changed back later.)

And, do be sure to post any tech problems at the entourage forums here (http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/forum.php) as the user base is quite quick to respond to questions. Also, submitting a help request to Entourage usually works quite quickly.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #41
pendragginp
Guru

Yes, I did try picking a different time zone. Hmmm.

(And naturally now I have to go back to work!)
Old 11-05-2010, 01:30 AM   #42
pendragginp
Guru

Talking

Okay, the first problem was just an oddity of the wi-fi at work; as soon as I got home it hopped onto my wi-fi and finished registering.

I must say, I'm impressed with how responsive everything about the PE is, in contrast to some other android devices I've played with. And I'm loving the ability to communicate between the two screens, and instantly display a book's pictures in color or look up further information and even attach it to the book! Of course all of you who already havr the PE's big brother already enjoy all this, but for me it's amazing to see. SO COOL.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:34 AM   #43
pendragginp
Guru

AND - I typed this on the Pocket Edge!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #44
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Thank you, it IS exciting!

I already have a problem though with the set-up. I connect to our open wi-fi here at work (a library) and choose my time zone and the correct time appears at the top of the PE, but then at the bottom it says it wasn't able to do it and to try again or choose another time zone. I've tried doing it over, powering it off and trying again - nothing gets me past this incorrect error message - incorrect because it has found and displayed the correct time. Is there any way to move past this screen and continue with the set-up, does anyone know?
enTourage just posted a Knowledge Base article on this: https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=197. This seems to be something new for the Pocket eDGe.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:57 PM   #45
pendragginp
Guru

Thanks borisb.