Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #16
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
How did he make that background? I want one too ...
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:13 PM   #17
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Better you than me. I'm just happy no-one's done a background check on me yet.

Cheers,
Marc (never convicted)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2008, 01:06 AM   #18
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Just a hint: The profile view is customizable.

It appears Alex has already made use of this feature.
Heh, I was waiting for somebody to notice.

Quote:
To use a background, you need to first upload a background image to an album. This is how I did it:
  • Add a new album (in case you wonder how I discovered the link, go to your User CP, and under "Networking" you find Pictures & Albums. From there you find a link called "Add Album"). Call the album "Profile". Choose Album Type = Profile.
  • In the new album, click on "Add Pictures to a Group". Once you uploaded your image, you can go back to Customize Profile and click on the little image icon next to the Background Image field. Voila!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:50 AM   #19
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But my user CP doesn't have a pictures & albums option.

Under 'Networking' I have only 3 options, viz:
Contacts & Friends
Social Groups
Group Memberships

I've clicked on all of them in search of a hidden link but none is to be found.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
not in the CP : in the page where you read your visitor messages.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #21
Patricia
Reader

No, it's not there either, Zelda. I've got mini-statistics, friends, group memberships and recent visitors. But no pictures and albums link at all.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:59 AM   #22
Patricia
Reader

Maybe I should promise to post a picture of me in the bath as an inducement to acquiring an album.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:01 AM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Maybe I should promise to post a picture of me in the bath as an inducement to acquiring an album.
if anything will do it, that ought to...
Old 05-08-2008, 09:02 AM   #24
zelda_pinwheel

it should be between friends and recent visitors, on the visitor messages page (="public profile"). is it minimized ? (if you click on the little icon to the far right of the title bar of "friends" etc., you can minimize the module).

another possibility : i know you already looked in CP, but check in the menu bar on the left, in the bloc called "networking" i have 3 options and the 3rd one is "pictures and albums".

if it's not there, maybe it's an option that can be "turned off" somewhere, and it got turned off somehow... hopefully Alex can help.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:05 AM   #25
Patricia
Reader

No, it's not in any of these places. What a pity.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:08 AM   #26
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Patricia, no no... the secret is not to post a picture of yourself bathing, the secret is having someone else post a picture of you bathing. It adds so much more intrigue, speculation, and fodder for unutterable silliness.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #27
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
if it's not there, maybe it's an option that can be "turned off" somewhere, and it got turned off somehow... hopefully Alex can help.
Thanks for the pointer, zelda. This is exactly what happened! A few settings were still on default, off, and I forgot to enable them.

I believe it should be working now.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #28
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Wait, Alex, does this mean we're not going to get to see a picture of Patricia in the tub?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:12 AM   #29
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Wait, Alex, does this mean we're not going to get to see a picture of Patricia in the tub?
Heh, this is not for me to say. But albums are now enabled for everyone, including Patricia.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:16 AM   #30
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Heh, this is not for me to say. But albums are now enabled for everyone, including Patricia.
A whole album of pictures? Oh, goody!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote