Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-16-2014, 12:16 AM   #1
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Rereading my books makes sync stop working

I read a lot of books on my Kindle touch, because it's easy to continue reading them in the Kindle app on my phone when I'm out (like at work). Sometimes I want to reread a book I've already read at least once before. I locate it on the cloud, download to the touch and start reading. The following day, during my break at work, I locate the book on the cloud and download it to the app on my Galaxy phone. the problem is that when I open the book, it doesn't open on the page I stopped reading at last night. It opens at the very last page of the book, probably because I've already finished the book once and it remembers that.

How do I stop this? It's becoming annoying.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:40 AM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
For books purchased from Amazon, you can access your "Manage your digital content" site in a web browser, then under actions there's an option to "clear furthest page read". For your own content that you've uploaded to the cloud, I don't know.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2014, 12:43 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Before re-reading you can go to http://www.amazon.com/myk and find the book, one of the options will be to "Clear furthest page read..." this will reset the book like it's never been read.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:53 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
For Personal Documents there is a thread discussing resetting the Furthest Page Read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiris View Post
Vmurph, use my own bookmarklet for clearing furthest page read... in Personal Documents: MYK:CFPR2.
1) Go to site: http://blaut.biz/bookmarklets/
2) Drag and drop on your bookmarks bar an orange link: MYK:CFPR2
3) Go to http://amazon.com/myk site
4) Click the dragged bookmark MYK:CFPR2
5) Below each book a button Clear furthest page read... will appear.
6) Click a button below your chosen book.
7) Wait a second for confirmation dialog box: The furthest page read has been reset.
8) That's all
Note! If step 7 will fail repeat from step 6 one more time
(Actually, there are several versions on the site, this announced the first, but you need the later ones due to updates. They are all on that page, though. )
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:05 AM   #5
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
That is far too easy. No wonder I couldn't figure it out!

I don't side-load on the Kindle, I use my Sony for all non-Kindle books, so this was all I needed. Thanks again.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert