Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
Prosto_IA
Маленький парижанец
Prosto_IA has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prosto_IA has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prosto_IA has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Non leather covers for PRS-350?

Hello everyone

Can anyone recommend a decent PRS-350 cover that has no dead animal in it? The vast majority seem to be leather. In particular, I'm looking at this hemp cover from Eco-nique (to whom I have no connection other than as potential customer), but I thought I would look before leaping. I'm based in the UK.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts you might have.

Last edited by Prosto_IA; 01-21-2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Geographical clarification
Prosto_IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

I started prototyping a slide/clip on cover, will post some pictures when I get a plastic version made. Stay tuned.
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
Rick1971
cool a zombie!
Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Lenovo a2107a-f, Le PanII, Motorola Xoom FE
i like that hemp cover alot
but how much is that in dollars?
I also like my lighted cover, but it has leather (at least that is what they claim)
Rick1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
See also this topic.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
merrygoblin
merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-650, HTC Desire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosto_IA View Post
Hello everyone

Can anyone recommend a decent PRS-350 cover that has no dead animal in it? The vast majority seem to be leather. In particular, I'm looking at this hemp cover from Eco-nique (to whom I have no connection other than as potential customer), but I thought I would look before leaping. I'm based in the UK.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts you might have.
I've just got the PRS-650 version of this hemp cover in the post today, and so far I like it. Looks like it should protect as well as the official Sony cover (which is now going to be the spare one). Was slightly worried how much access it would allow to the ports and card slots, but it allows full access to them.
merrygoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2011, 02:09 AM   #6
Prosto_IA
Маленький парижанец
Prosto_IA has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prosto_IA has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prosto_IA has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks for all the responses - I really need to adjust my reply notification settings

Funnily enough merrygoblin, I just got the PRS-350 version, and my initial impression is also positive. Here's hoping it lasts longer than the one I bodged out of a Filofax knock-off.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:23 AM   #7
Prosto_IA
Маленький парижанец

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1971 View Post
but how much is that in dollars?
A little over thirty dollars.

Tags
cover, non-leather, prs-350