Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #106
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The amazon plugin in 0.8 has changed a lot, so that's not surprising. It now has explicit support for using country specific sites, but those will need to be actually implemented by someone before they work.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:47 PM   #107
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Something I forgot to mention, with 0.7.57 I changed the tag behavior when downloading books with "Get Books." I removed the default tags. You can configure each store and add tags if you want. Tags as part of the metadata of the book will still be added with the book.

This change was due to the only people commenting about the tags being added didn't give a very positive response. So the ability to add tags with each download is there but the default is not to add any addition ones.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:23 AM   #108
sweetheart51224
sweetheart51224 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Hi everyone,

I've never posted on this forum before but I just wanted to say that I am love love loving the calibre 0.8 so far. Thanks for all the hard work!!!!
sweetheart51224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:56 AM   #109
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Something I forgot to mention, with 0.7.57 I changed the tag behavior when downloading books with "Get Books." I removed the default tags. You can configure each store and add tags if you want. Tags as part of the metadata of the book will still be added with the book.

This change was due to the only people commenting about the tags being added didn't give a very positive response. So the ability to add tags with each download is there but the default is not to add any addition ones.
Can one easily restore the default behavior? I personally prefer that tags be automatically added, especially since there is no way I can know what tags to add to books I haven't read yet.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:10 AM   #110
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Can one easily restore the default behavior? I personally prefer that tags be automatically added, especially since there is no way I can know what tags to add to books I haven't read yet.
Yes and no. There are two ways I can do it.

1) Default tags that are automatically added. Users who don't want them can go into Preferences, Store, store in question, and delete the tags.

2) No default tags that are automatically added. Users who want default tags set can go into Preferences, Store, store in question, and add the tags.

In both cases uses the tags can be modified to what ever you want. Add ones delete ones. However, I can't have default tags and no default tags at the same time.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #111
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Version 7.57. Trying to buy a book from Baen Webscriptions (where I have an account). The book is located correctly. Identified as DRM-free. But when I double-click on it, I get:
calibre, version 0.7.57
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>NotImplementedError</b>:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\store\search\search.py", line 203, in open_store
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\store\baen_webscription_plug in.py", line 27, in open
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\store\__init__.py", line 140, in get_settings
NotImplementedError
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #112
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Version 7.57. Trying to buy a book from Baen Webscriptions (where I have an account). The book is located correctly. Identified as DRM-free. But when I double-click on it, I get:
calibre, version 0.7.57
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>NotImplementedError</b>:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\store\search\search.py", line 203, in open_store
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\store\baen_webscription_plug in.py", line 27, in open
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\store\__init__.py", line 140, in get_settings
NotImplementedError
Fixed. I re-factored the store API and that one was missed.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:13 AM   #113
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Fixed. I re-factored the store API and that one was missed.
Great, thanks. That is why we beta test.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #114
bobmori
bobmori began at the beginning.

Device: Augen The book3
In the calibre ebook reader, it would be nice to be able to change the font size in the index
bobmori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #115
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmori View Post
In the calibre ebook reader, it would be nice to be able to change the font size in the index
You cannot change the font size of that specifically, but you can increase the general font size used throughout the calibre interface via Preferences->Look & Feel
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #116
Fiacha
Enthusiast
Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo H20, Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Signing into those sites works correctly for me. Are you using 0.7.57? There was a bug in 0.7.56 that would prevent you from being able to sign in.

Also, the reload button is two buttons to the left of the progress bar at the bottom.
Yes. I am using 0.7.57 (.56 didn't let me get to target sites)

I'm running on 64 bit Windows 7

Get Books - Search for nevil shute trustee - select Kobo
- window pops up, progress bar fills to 100%
- hit sign in or BUY NOW
progress bar jumps to 100% almost too fast to see the fill, but nothing
else changes
- put something in the search box and the page reloads.

Could it be a problem switching to SSL on 64 bit systems?
Fiacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #117
Fiacha
Enthusiast
Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo H20, Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiacha View Post
Yes. I am using 0.7.57 (.56 didn't let me get to target sites)

I'm running on 64 bit Windows 7

Get Books - Search for nevil shute trustee - select Kobo
- window pops up, progress bar fills to 100%
- hit sign in or BUY NOW
progress bar jumps to 100% almost too fast to see the fill, but nothing
else changes
- put something in the search box and the page reloads.

Could it be a problem switching to SSL on 64 bit systems?
Switching to the external browser lets me complete a purchase.
Fiacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #118
Sassafrass
Sassafrass began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Thanks for allowing the beta testing!

I have a question. There is a goodreads metadata plugin that I was using with goodreads version 0.7.57. Is there any way to add that plugin to the metadata sources besides amazon, google, overdrive, and isbndb in version 0.8?

thanks!
Sassafrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #119
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
Thanks for allowing the beta testing!

I have a question. There is a goodreads metadata plugin that I was using with goodreads version 0.7.57. Is there any way to add that plugin to the metadata sources besides amazon, google, overdrive, and isbndb in version 0.8?

thanks!
Just released the first version of it yesterday...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130638
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #120
Sassafrass
Sassafrass began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Just released the first version of it yesterday...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130638

Sassafrass is offline   Reply With Quote