Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
purcelljf
Enthusiast
purcelljf began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Re: Aldiko ignoring style sheet property?

Hi,

I use a simple style sheet for my Epubs that includes the following properties:

p{text-indent:0;margin-left)

However, Aldiko (Premium 2.0) still indents all my paragraphs. Is there something I can do to force Aldiko to NOT indent my paragraphs?

P.S.
I have definitely specified the correct setting in Aldiko to enable use of a "publisher's style sheet".

Thanks.
purcelljf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by purcelljf View Post
Hi,

I use a simple style sheet for my Epubs that includes the following properties:

p{text-indent:0;margin-left)

However, Aldiko (Premium 2.0) still indents all my paragraphs. Is there something I can do to force Aldiko to NOT indent my paragraphs?

P.S.
I have definitely specified the correct setting in Aldiko to enable use of a "publisher's style sheet".

Thanks.
you had an error.
some reader-software ignore the whole mess if they hit an error

Code:
p{text-indent:0;margin-left: 0)
see if adding the red items help on your device
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
purcelljf
Enthusiast

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I typed the original comment below incorrectly. I wanted to keep it brief and to highlight the obvious properties. The actually entry in my epub is below.

p{text-indent:0;margin-left:0;margin-right:0;margin-top:.18em;margin-bottom:.18em;font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;font-size:100%;letter-spacing:.045em}
Old 03-10-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Try:
Code:
p{
text-indent:0 !important;
margin-left:0;
margin-right:0;
margin-top:.18em;
margin-bottom:.18em;
font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
font-size:1em;
letter-spacing:.045em;
}
So, add the !important. I also changed the font-size from 100% to 1em. That way resizing will be nicer.

Be careful, some readers will not like the !important tag, but some reading apps (aldiko, Stanza) will not play nice otherwise.

Last edited by Toxaris; 03-10-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
purcelljf
Enthusiast

Aldiko

Hi,
Using !important didn't work. However, I started looking at some other EPUBs made by other people and noticed that the style property for indentation was working when a class was used as opposed to styling the paragraph tag directly.
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 04:56 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Ah, the same happens with the <body> margins in the Cybook...

I wonder if using some other selector would work too, like "* + p" (a paragraph following any other element) or "body p" (any paragraph inside the <body>). In principle, those have higher priority than just "p", and would affect all paragraphs.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #7
matsp888
matsp888 began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone
Yes, it works. I'm currently using "body p" to overcome this in every style sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Ah, the same happens with the <body> margins in the Cybook...

I wonder if using some other selector would work too, like "* + p" (a paragraph following any other element) or "body p" (any paragraph inside the <body>). In principle, those have higher priority than just "p", and would affect all paragraphs.
matsp888 is offline   Reply With Quote