Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-12-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
Megahurts
Megahurts began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Mobile
Question Bulk import - possibly stupid question

Hi,

I've a large number (~2500) ebooks in various formats spread out over various PCs and I'm using Calibre to consolidate them all into one location, my problem is this:

Around 50-60% of the books are named {Genre} - {Author} - {Title}.format, and when imported have the Author and Title fields switched as well as including {genre} into the author field. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to bulk-rename all the files and folder to something that Calibre will interpret correctly? I'm running on a Windows box, but can get Linux up in a VM if that's going to be quicker/easier.
Megahurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click the arrow next to edit metadata and choose bulk edit IIRC there's an option to bulk swap title and author
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 04:27 AM   #3
Megahurts
Megahurts began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Mobile
The swap Author/Title button works perfectly, the problem I have is stripping out the {Genre} tag in front. I was hoping there would be some hidden feature that would let me import that into the Tags field automagically .
Megahurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:59 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
re-import using an appropriate filename regex
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote