Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Sigil 0.6.0 Released

0.6.0 has been released! Please see the release announcement for further details.

Also, All of this couldn't have been accomplished without the help of Grant Drake and Dave Heiland. Without their contributions 0.6.0 would have only had a fraction of these changes.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
mtg
mtg began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch (5th gen), Kindle 2
When I run Sigil-0.6.0-Windows-Setup.exe on my 32-bit Windows XP machine (Atom processor), I get a dialog saying that I need an x64 processor.
mtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #3
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've removed the Window 32bit build. I had some problems getting it up. All the files within it were 32bit. I don't know why it's giving me issues. Something I'll look into tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
WoW. I just launched Sigil on my laptop (w7) and got the big six oh notice. The X64 update ran flawlessly.
Great work
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Great news user_none, meme and kiwidude - Really been a pleasure to see things move along for this release

@user_none - I just wanted to say thanks for not pushing through with the ckeditor stuff. I know I come off as a bit of a tool, but the native quality of Sigil really is something great. I also know it likely pushed you away from being very active, and it's not easy when a minority attacks already implemented improvements, not to just push it home harder. Thanks for listening

I have a few ideas that I'd like to hack in and submit as patches. Some basic table editing and fixes (they currently eat nbsps), and my pet little image manipulation time-savers (white->alpha, anyone editing textbooks knows the annoyance; as well as some resizing options). Those I just need to port from a tool of mine, need to shine them up a bit and remove kde-specific stuff.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2012, 01:26 AM   #6
signum
Zealot
signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: none
Haven't had time to really wring it out yet, but I can report that 0.6.0 downloads, compiles and runs on Kubuntu 12.04.
signum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:43 AM   #7
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

Happily compiled on LMDE 64.

Congratulations for the hard work and so many improvements (including languages)
I love the new "saved searches!!"

Also removing unused classes and styles!

Last edited by roger64; 10-28-2012 at 06:44 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:06 AM   #8
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
I want to add my thanks, it is a revelation how fast it has become and all those new features are really heavenly
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
PalingB
Sigil Fan
PalingB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRST 3
Thank you for all the work, looks great and is fast!!!
BTW I miss, it was still there in the last beta, that the rename function could rename file extensions from .html to .xhtml. It is not possible any more. Or do I overlook something.
Again great work!!!

Last edited by PalingB; 10-28-2012 at 09:13 AM.
PalingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalingB View Post
Thank you for all the work, looks great and is fast!!!
BTW I miss, it was still there in the last beta, that the rename function could rename file extensions from .html to .xhtml. It is not possible any more. Or do I overlook something.
Again great work!!!
You can change the extension by double-clicking on that part while in (Single) rename
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #11
user_none

A (hopefully) corrected x86 Windows build has been posted.

@PalingB, You can change the extension. It just doesn't default highlight it now when you select rename.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
PalingB
Sigil Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
A (hopefully) corrected x86 Windows build has been posted.

@PalingB, You can change the extension. It just doesn't default highlight it now when you select rename.
Sorry I mean multiple files. In the past (beta)releases, you renamed the first file
extension as .xhtml in the series. Than select all the files and rename them, all the extensions were automatic renamed as .xhtml. It was a convenient option, doesn't work any more.
(I work on existing epub's)

Last edited by PalingB; 10-28-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #13
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
@PalingB - correct, the filename extension is left unchanged when you do a bulk rename. It was changed since there were cases, particularly in images, where changing the extension to match the extension of the first file was not a good thing. We have it on a list for a later release to consider an option to bulk rename the extension.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #14
PalingB
Sigil Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
@PalingB - correct, the filename extension is left unchanged when you do a bulk rename. It was changed since there were cases, particularly in images, where changing the extension to match the extension of the first file was not a good thing. We have it on a list for a later release to consider an option to bulk rename the extension.
Thank you. Wait for that. The last beta works still fine.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #15
PageLab
Connoisseur
PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, iPad, Nook, Kobo, Positivo Alfa
Why support for Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and earlier was dropped in this new version?
PageLab is offline   Reply With Quote