Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #556
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
A very nice, meticulously crafted review "from the forest". And the title says it all! I wanted to leave some feedback right there, but Safari on iPad seems to have a problem with the comments input field on that page.
Thanks! I had a hunch you'd like it. I've used the comment form from Mobile Safari before. I'll test it again when I can but right now my ISP has an outage in my area which is making it hard to troubleshoot much of anything because I am only getting dialup speed most of the time, and during primetime it's even slower. This has been going on for more than two weeks now... at least I am getting lots of reading done!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #557
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
I've used the comment form from Mobile Safari before.
It seemed like it was working on and off -- freezing after every 3rd (or so) word I typed, especially after I wanted to go back and edit a word here and there. After I logged in via Facebook, the input field stopped working completely.

One tiny imprecision I noted in the review: you say paragraph indent will become available in Marvin 1.2, but in fact it's paragraph spacing. Well, doesn't really matter, because both of them will be available soon.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:45 AM   #558
sympson
sympson began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
DRM support

Hi there,

fine piece of software. I shall use it exclusively once you integrate Adobe DRM support – just the feature to register.

Best
michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
@jswinden: Yes it's me.

I'm keeping a roadmap of upcoming features on Marvin's website (e.g. Calibre Server and more). I'll make sure to add a 2-column layout to the list.

There is a new update planned for launch next week but the Apple review team go on shutdown for Christmas so I think it's unlikely I'll have 2-column layout ready before then.

@Synamon: if you enjoy Dropbox support, you'll be glad to know that today's update added a new search feature and the next one has even more Dropbox improvements.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy using Marvin and please get in touch if there any features you'd like to see added.

Kris
Old 01-10-2013, 03:06 AM   #559
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Wow Sue. Thanks for the flattering write up!

Sympson, I'm glad you like it. To be honest, Adobe DRM isn't coming soon. I have been looking at it and coincidentally, yesterday I came across this: http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20.../#.UO50rKX3BlN (can anyone else confirm this?).

I understand that Adobe DRM is something some people are after but at the moment I'd rather invest those 75K per year into something else for Marvin (at least in the short-to-medium term).
Old 01-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #560
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm sure the $75k per year (if true) relates to hardware e-reader devices, not e-reader software apps.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:09 AM   #561
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could be. Eventually, I'll get in touch with them and check it out properly.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #562
GntlmnBndt
Zealot
GntlmnBndt doesn't litterGntlmnBndt doesn't litter

Device: iPod Touch, iPad
I think you actually need to go through a third-party to really find out that information, and there does not seem to be a standard pricing. It sounds like support for the DRM requires the Reader Mobile SDK. From their site:
Quote:
The Adobe Reader Mobile SDK is available through a license agreement to OEMs, ISV integrators, and mobile applications developers on a case-by-case basis. For further information regarding licensing, please contact one of our reselling partners below:
At which point they list contact info for Datalogics, BSquare and Bluefire... Interesting that you negotiate the license from people producing software you would compete against, but I guess that would be the case even if you worked with Adobe directly.

Having said all that, I do want to reiterate that some/many of us won't really care about Adobe support. For myself, the few protected books I purchased last year were mostly on Comixology, and Adobe wouldn't really help there.

The Bandit
Old 01-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #563
kguil
Addict

Thanks a lot for the follow up.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #564
Wickedkitten
Wickedkitten began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
I am probably super late asking, but are there any free spots on the beta?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #565
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Someone has just joined the Beta discussion group today, so there still may be! Upcoming version 1.2 looking absolutely fantastic so far, could arrive next week.

Last edited by Faterson; 01-15-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #566
kguil
Addict

To be fair, that person was in the beta since the beginning (just not part of the discussion group). We are close to finalising. However, if you'd like to join send me your UUID (by PM).

A note to anyone who'd like to beta test:
Please make sure that you (I'm not referring to anyone in particular) do intend to beta test (in the long term) and not get early access to a new version. Had it been up to me, I'd welcome anyone to test and get early access but Apple give me a total of 100 slots for the entire lifetime of my subscription so I have to be careful how I hand them out. A lot of other slots will be used up when I start testing the iPhone version.

@Wickedkitten, please feel free to send my your UUID by PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #567
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I've been holding off on the beta testing...I only have an iPad 1...but I will be more than happy to test for the iPhone version (i have a 5)...and yes...I am very good at finding bugs...lol
Old 01-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #568
kguil
Addict

Thanks Turtle. Make sure to remind me when I start working on it (you'll know )
Old 01-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #569
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Had it been up to me, I'd welcome anyone to test and get early access but Apple give me a total of 100 slots for the entire lifetime of my subscription so I have to be careful how I hand them out. A lot of other slots will be used up when I start testing the iPhone version.

I'd be very interested in beta testing the iphone version, since the phone is my main reading device, I use the ipad much less, thats why I have not yet applied for inclusion. However, I wonder if I should apply now, to be sure of being included for the iphone (yes I know the UDID is different for each device)? What do you think, Kris?

Last edited by kyteflyer; 01-15-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #570
kguil
Addict

Absolutely. I'll tell you what... I reserved a slot for you. When the time comes, I'll write you and ask you for your UUID. So if you happen to change devices in the meantime, everything will be fine.
Closed Thread