Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
tanteoma
Enthusiast
tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Can I get Kindle Touch Fonts On Nook Touch?

I'm using the kindle touch at the moment and I'm pretty happy with its fonts. An elderly family member wants an eReader recently and I'm thinking about giving my Kindle Touch to her and get a Nook Touch myself, just to experience the difference. However, I really would like to bring the Kindle fonts to the new device. I just love them. If I can't do it, I'll probably just buy a new Kindle 4 or Kindle Touch. So dear experts, is this possible?
tanteoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:47 AM   #2
troyme
Enthusiast
troyme began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx US
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanteoma View Post
I'm using the kindle touch at the moment and I'm pretty happy with its fonts. An elderly family member wants an eReader recently and I'm thinking about giving my Kindle Touch to her and get a Nook Touch myself, just to experience the difference. However, I really would like to bring the Kindle fonts to the new device. I just love them. If I can't do it, I'll probably just buy a new Kindle 4 or Kindle Touch. So dear experts, is this possible?

Of course you can, just copy fonts from a jailbreaked kindle touch, change the font name, copy to the right dir on the rooted nook .
troyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I don't know what fonts ar on the Lindle Touch, but before worrying about rooting and whatever, check ou the font selection on the Nook and you may already have what you want there. The Caecilia is for example already on the Nook Touch (I mention that because as I understand it it's the most common Kindle font).
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
tanteoma
Enthusiast
tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you, folks! Turned out the nook is super easy to use and she loved the nook so much, I haven't even had the chance to get my hands on it beyond sideloading ebooks for her every few days.
tanteoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #5
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanteoma View Post
Thank you, folks! Turned out the nook is super easy to use and she loved the nook so much, I haven't even had the chance to get my hands on it beyond sideloading ebooks for her every few days.
Did your relative have any problems with battery drainage?
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
aterry13
Enthusiast
aterry13 began at the beginning.

Device: nook str
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyme View Post
Of course you can, just copy fonts from a jailbreaked kindle touch, change the font name, copy to the right dir on the rooted nook .
How would one do this? Is the rooting a very complicated task for a simple font change?
aterry13 is offline   Reply With Quote