Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 03:01 AM   #106
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Is there a way to re-assign the code2000.ttf fallback font on a K3.4? I really hate the Arabic glyphs and installing the full-blown hack would be overkill if I just wanted to change one font.

I tried copying an alternative fallback font to the fonts folder and named it alt-I18N.ttf, but the K3 didn't use it. (Other alternative fonts copied there worked just fine.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #107
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Doitsu: Nope, not AFAIK, sorry .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #108
DRW44
DRW44 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
The system folder is not showing up for me.

I have an Amazon Kindle Touch, I am not sure what model it is, and it all of a sudden in the middle of one of my books center justified all the text. Everything before that point is left justified everything after that point is center justified. I followed the thread for unlocking the justification options https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99661 and found your thread. unfortunately I cannot find the system/com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader/reader.pref at all even when I applied the show all hidden files option and searched for it like you recommended for Windows users. I have made sure that my Kindle is on the home screen and I am not entirely sure where to start looking the only com.amazon files that i am finding are:
E:\.active_content\com.amazon.kindle.ns.widgets.En dActions
E:\.active_content\com.amazon.kindle.ns.widgets.XR AY
E:\.active_content_sandbox\com.amazon.kindle.ns.wi dgets.AuthorProfile
E:\.active_content_sandbox\com.amazon.kindle.ns.wi dgets.EndActions
E:\.active_content_sandbox\com.amazon.kindle.ns.wi dgets.Goto
Can you give me any advice to what I am doing wrong or if I'm looking in the wrong place? I have tried looking both in the windows explorer search bar and on the kindle itself for that file.
DRW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #109
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@DRW44: Perfectly normal. Notice the age of the thread, and the [K3] tag? It's about a completely different device than yours.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:42 AM   #110
PSGrabber
PSGrabber began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I have K3 (3.4.2)
Changing reader font without hack works as expected for books with older MOBI format. However, it seems to have no effect on KF8 books. Is there any magic "ALLOW..." line for reader.pref (or some other trick) that would enable alt font for KF8 books?
PSGrabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert