Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2006, 12:27 PM   #1
davec67
davec67 began at the beginning.

shippng disaster

I got notification that my brand new reader arrived yesterday. I rushed home to get it. I picked up the box and thought it felt a bit empty and noticed the packing tape was loose. Then I opened it and all their was inside was the invoice and a few lonely peanuts!! The packing tape had come undone (can't tell if it was deliberate or accidental) and some where along the line the contents disappeared. So I am left to look at an empty box, and no doubt endless forms and months for the replacement.

darn!!!

anyone had experience of this sort of thing with sony before and how long did it take to get corrected?
davec67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Oh, NO! I'm so sorry for you, davec67. I hope that it's not too nasty a corrective process.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2006, 06:41 PM   #3
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Damn - that sucks big time. Hopefully Sony will take care of you.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:16 PM   #4
Frogsmasha
Connoisseur
Frogsmasha began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davec67
I got notification that my brand new reader arrived yesterday. I rushed home to get it. I picked up the box and thought it felt a bit empty and noticed the packing tape was loose. Then I opened it and all their was inside was the invoice and a few lonely peanuts!! The packing tape had come undone (can't tell if it was deliberate or accidental) and some where along the line the contents disappeared. So I am left to look at an empty box, and no doubt endless forms and months for the replacement.

darn!!!

anyone had experience of this sort of thing with sony before and how long did it take to get corrected?
My postman gave my package to the wrong house, and I guess this person ended up bringing it by my house a couple of days later. I was glad that happened.

Looks like it may be the fault of the shipper. Call them up. I did
Frogsmasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #5
randyman
Enthusiast
randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Now, iPad!
This is horrible. Start making noise, and don't stop - as bad as it is, I'm betting the powers that be will make it right very quickly (though not soon enough!)

Good luck.
randyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2006, 11:47 AM   #6
davec67
davec67 began at the beginning.

update

I spoke with sony and I need to fill in a freight form which they emailed to me and I faxed back. Said it will take 3-5 business days for a resolution but that will just be getting the money back. I need to reorder!!!

The customer service rep said that I should be given priority in the queue and free overnight shipping but as I need to completely reorder I have my doubts that anyone will care or know about it.

I'll post with my experiences.
davec67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:11 PM   #7
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
That sucks. You'd think any one of the number of people who handled your package throughout deliver would have noticed that it was an open empty box.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:00 AM   #8
kamyar22
kamyar22 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
could it be that someone saw box outside your door and tried to steal the contents because i bought laptop from sony paid 3,000 bucks for via delivery guy was suppose to knock and have me sign but didnt so while i was in the shower he put box in front of my door i was licky that at the time my next door neighbor was outside as he told me 7 min after the truck left some neighborhood kids were walking near my house and came up to my door and started to open the package luckly my neighbor yelled at them and they ran off he saved my laptop.
kamyar22 is offline   Reply With Quote