Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 01-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #1
Tibor
Enthusiast
Tibor began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
- dialog symbol problem with rtf

I have quite ebooks in .doc ms-word format. I have just converted them to .rtf and they look ok, but when I open them in the eReader (PRS-505) there is not newline before - dialog symbol. does anybody knows can this be solved?
thanks
Tibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor View Post
I have quite ebooks in .doc ms-word format. I have just converted them to .rtf and they look ok, but when I open them in the eReader (PRS-505) there is not newline before - dialog symbol. does anybody knows can this be solved?
thanks
The PC program from Sony can convert doc files directly I believe. You might try that.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 03:46 AM   #3
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor View Post
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The PC program from Sony can convert doc files directly I believe. You might try that.

Dale
According to the Reader Library help files, MS Word files are automatically converted to RTF before they put on your reader if you have MS Word on your system. According to Wikipedia, the Sony Reader doesn't directly MS Word documents, they must be converted to RTF and the reader program takes care of this.

What you many want to do is check the RTF files by opening them in an RTF word processor like Wordpad. That might give you a better idea of what the document looks like, and allow you to find formatting problems.

When working with RTF files, I prefer to work with the files directly rather than relying on a conversion program. In addition to Wordpad, there are a number of word processors that use RTF as their native format, and these might give you better results for your ebooks.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote