Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
RandallFlagg
Hey Trashcan Man
RandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook color, prs 505, Axim x30, psp, Acer Aspire One [running xp]
Save to disk not in a single folder

I just downloaded 6.8 and when I save to disk the title is no longer saved in a single file. I usually convert to epub and lrf. When I save, I'd like to have it all contained in a single file by title. It now just saves all formats, jpegs and opf files individually and I have to create a new folder, title it and drag all the bits to the new folder. How do I set the options under the new preferences to get it back the way it was. Thanks
RandallFlagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In pre 6.8 save to disk would save all the formats + OPF + cover ina single folder. That should still be the case.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #3
RandallFlagg
Hey Trashcan Man
RandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enough

Thanks Kovid, but I'm now using 6.8 and it's not saving all the bits in one file. Is there a setting I can change to go back to the pre 6.8 way.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not sure what you mean by one file? Do you mean one folder?
Old 08-25-2009, 12:13 AM   #5
RandallFlagg
Hey Trashcan Man

Yes, sorry one folder. As it is now at least on windows (xp fully updated sp3) it saves the files [ie epub lit lrf etc] in the directory of my choice with no folder. It used to tidy them all up together in a folder by author then title. Hope that makes sense.

edit: I just updated my mac mini ppc with leopard fully updated to 6.8. Before I did I convert a gutenberg book and saved it with 6.7 and then again with 6.8. The Mac does the same thing. Here's a pic with 6.8 on top and 6.7 on bottom. Hope that explains it better than my vocabulary does.

Last edited by RandallFlagg; 08-25-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 01:23 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Ah go to

Preferences->Add/Save click the saving books tab and change the template to

{author_sort}/{title}/{title} - {authors}
Old 08-25-2009, 02:02 AM   #7
RandallFlagg
Hey Trashcan Man

Thanks Kovid, Works on the mac. I'll fix windows tomorrow.