Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
Argent009
www.kindle2hacks.com
Argent009 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-501/Kindle 2
Sony Style Light Wedge?

Does such an animal exist for the Kindle 2? I use that on my PRS-505 and love it, I wish I had one for the K2 but I can't find one. Anyone know of someone who makes such a thing?
Argent009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
Plumfan
Plumfan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
You mean built into the case, on a hinge, right? That is my wish as well.
Plumfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 12:10 AM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Nope... the closest thing I have seen is the book light that is designed to work with the m-edge covers. It isn't a web type thing... more like a standard clip on book light, but it is held in a slot in the cover and the flexible boom can be "stowed" away along the "spine" of the cover.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:05 AM   #4
Argent009
www.kindle2hacks.com
Argent009 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-501/Kindle 2
Yeah, I've seen the M-Edge light thing and it's okay, but, what I want to get it one like my Sony has, seems odd that one has not been made for the Kindle let alone the K2. Hopefully some day. I like to read in bed and sometimes I want to keep the lights off so that comes in handy.
Argent009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:10 AM   #5
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I agree Argent, I have both the Sony 505, and the K1, and I find I am using the Sony more, precisely because of the light wedge.

I would get the Sony 700, but just as my reasons for not getting the K2, the expense at this time is just not in the cards.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 01:22 AM   #6
Plumfan

I was waiting for the next kindle because they would definitely add the light. I recently purchased the paperback light wedge and I plan to look for those little gummy dots on four corners of the light, as soon as I remember where I saw them.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
presley2001
presley2001 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I wrote Light Wedge and they told me a Kindle Light Wedge is in the works.
presley2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:49 PM   #8
AlyMew
AlyMew began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I wish amazon built one in.
AlyMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:53 PM   #9
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
I agree Argent, I have both the Sony 505, and the K1, and I find I am using the Sony more, precisely because of the light wedge.

Exactly!
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #10
Old Man
Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Let's all write Lightwedge and tell them we want one for the Kindle 2. I know I do.

HAPPY READING!!!
Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #11
MoboHobo
Banned
MoboHobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
As mentioned, the people on KindleBoards seem to be using the M-Edge
MoboHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:25 PM   #12
Old Man
Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I eMailed Lightwedge last night about one for the K2. Received a reply today from Anna in customer service saying that the design team had that on their list to consider for 2009. If enough of us eMail Lightwedge maybe it will happen.
Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #13
Plumfan

Great idea, I will get on a letter via snail mail right away, so we can approach this thing from another angle.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:47 PM   #14
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
That Light Wedge is pretty sweet, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it, if somebody releases it.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #15
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hopefully you guys will get a choice of colors. Ours comes in black and black. Completely disappears on my black leather sofa. A nice sunny yellow would be pretty.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote