Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 06:19 AM   #1
chewiesw
chewiesw began at the beginning.

Device: android
Android, Kindle App, CIFS

Hello

Not sure if this is in the correct forum. But here is what I am trying to do. I am trying to send ebooks from my calibre library to my android device wirelessly. This is what I tried , I created a folder share on my PC called “kindle” and then mounted that share using CIFS to the kindle folder on my android. What happened was that the new ebook was copied to the kindle folder (whoppee!!) HOWEVER all my current books on the device disappeared from the kindle app, if I browsed to the kindle folder on the android I could see the book covers and all the opf extension but all the .mobi files had completely disappeared. Does anyone have an idea why I couldn’t see/read the books on the kindle app anymore or what happened to the mobi files?

Cheers
chewiesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I can't be 100% certain but to me it looks like as the two locations are synced, your PC is the master copy and changed the content at the remote location to match the PC folder.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert