Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #226
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by livramax View Post
How do you drop a widget on the lockscreen?
On the lockscreen swipe to the right (so you see the screen on the left). You will see a big "+" icon, just click on it. You will see the list of widgets you can add on the lockscreen. When you're done, you can delete the default clock widget, which removes that screen.

Last edited by afv011; 12-01-2012 at 11:06 PM.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:52 AM   #227
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I don't have the ugly clock everyone is talking about and I didn't do anything to get rid of it. 😊
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2012, 06:54 AM   #228
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
I don't have the ugly clock everyone is talking about and I didn't do anything to get rid of it. 😊
Maybe you don't have the 4.2 (Jelly Bean) update yet?
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #229
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
But the tea timer in the clock made it totally worth it to have the new clock.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #230
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
On the lockscreen swipe to the right (so you see the screen on the left). You will see a big "+" icon, just click on it. You will see the list of widgets you can add on the lockscreen. When you're done, you can delete the default clock widget, which removes that screen.
Thanks, I knew about the "+" screen but the available widgets for my "+" screen (besides the ugly digital clock) are limited to Calendar, Gmail and Sound Search.

Perhaps HD Widgets (which you use) automatically installed themselves onto the lockscreen's widget drawer?
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #231
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by livramax View Post
Thanks, I knew about the "+" screen but the available widgets for my "+" screen (besides the ugly digital clock) are limited to Calendar, Gmail and Sound Search.

Perhaps HD Widgets (which you use) automatically installed themselves onto the lockscreen's widget drawer?
You have a small selection because developers need to update their apps before they show as a lock screen widget. HD widgets was one of the first to do so. And the widgets have to be manually added to the lock screen, they don't "magically" appear there
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #232
Klicksis
Klicksis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I didn't try Skype, but google talk worked fine for a video conference.
Try skype and u will see that it works as well
Klicksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #233
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
The iPad 3's retina screen is superior, however. Therefore, it will continue to be my preferred device for videos. The larger form is also better for forums and other keyboard activity.
I've always thought the 7" and smaller was better for fourm because the keyboard are smaller and easier to type with. If one only reads then I can see the lager format being advantages.

The latest Nexus have ushered an era where the screen rez is as good or better than the iOS. By the time the mini gets renta so will most android devices.

I've read from numerous sources that the eye cannot detect difference past 300dpi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Unfortunately, many of my favorite apps on iOS are not implemented well on Android.
What I've seen in most part ported apps just don't do a good job, this goes both ways. There are exceptions usually big companies and games.

What I have learned to find the equivalent leaders for each platform. Sometimes it's the same app sometimes they're not.

For instance blue fire the ePUB reader exists on both platforms is good on iOS but is horrid on Android. An equivalent product is Moon or Montano and they are far better than anything that exist on iOS.

What in recommend is Googleing, posting here, or in other forums asking for opinion on apps.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #234
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Sure do, and now on 4.2.1
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote