Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
devseev
Edge User

Typing in text boxes in landscape mode

Often, when I type in landscape mode, the text box I am typing in expands to fill the entire screen (except the keyboard), and there is a noticeable lag. This happens in a variety of applications (browser, dolphin, docs2go) and with different virtual keyboards, so the issue does not appear app-specific.

Does this happen to others? Is there any solution?

Old 04-10-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
kenjennings
Edge User

Actually, I notice typing with an external USB keyboard sometimes lags, too. This morning I was typing in a post, and looked up to see only half the sentence completed and ticking along at about 1 character per second. It's not just landscape mode, and I can't pin a pattern to it. Sometimes the keyed input lags terribly, most of the time the input is in sync as fast as I can type. Maybe there's some kind of intermittent/background process that occasionally interferes.

Advert
Old 04-11-2010, 07:10 AM   #3
VenturingSoul
Edge User

Yep, same issue here. Seems to maybe be something common to the device??? Sure is annoying.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
devseev
Edge User

Does anyone else have the problem I mention in the original post above? Still not sure if it's a universal issue or just affecting a few of us.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #5
devseev
Edge User

It happens in both landscape orientations, in the default browser, Dolphin, email apps, etc... Whenever I am typing with the virtual keyboard in the landscape box, the input box expands to fill the entire screen and I cannot see anything else on the page. But from the question I gather it's not a universal issue for everyone, which is what I've been trying to figure out.

Advert
Old 04-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #6
omagedon
Edge User

Devseev, yup I get the same lag as you but since I only use the basic apps, I don't think its third apps problem.