Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-15-2008, 09:19 PM   #31
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Here are a few more that seem to be working for their share of the bacon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	support dogs.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	17920  
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #32
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Here are a few more that seem to be working for their share of the bacon.
oh my. even i cannot resist the extreme cranial detonation capacity of that photo.

:headexploding:
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #33
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oh my. even i cannot resist the extreme cranial detonation capacity of that photo.

:headexploding:
I'm pleased that you're pleased. About that head exploding, pity what it did to your computer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zelda's Computer.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	17924  
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:59 PM   #34
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Sorry, quote corrected .....

"Pardon me, all chocolate comes in my direction .... please...."
Oh, well ... since you put it so nicely .... with a please and everything. So, ok, I'll pass all of my chocolate to you.

Although I would like just a teensy bit. It was a hard day. I had a little flood .... and a $2,500 plumber's bill. erk.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:44 AM   #35
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Oh, well ... since you put it so nicely .... with a please and everything. So, ok, I'll pass all of my chocolate to you.

Although I would like just a teensy bit. It was a hard day. I had a little flood .... and a $2,500 plumber's bill. erk.

Ricky my dear, when you hammer nails into the wall, make sure there are no pipes to puncture .....

Gash lass, what on earth happened ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:37 AM   #36
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Aw, I'm so very touched by all your thoughtful offers of bones, bacon, and chocolate. :doggiewitheyewellingupwithtear: I'll take them all, thank you very much. But if Zee is tempted to send me a bone from one of her SHUMS, sorry, but I'm definitely not interested. They're heathens.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:41 AM   #37
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Ricky my dear, when you hammer nails into the wall, make sure there are no pipes to puncture .....

Gash lass, what on earth happened ?
Well, it all started Friday night when the garbage disposal jammed up. I didn't have the right wrench to fix it, so I called the plumber. He couldn't come until Monday, so I went to the hardware store to buy a wrench and try to fix it myself.

I could not get the wrench to budge ... not one inch. So, I figured I'd wait until Monday and have the plumber fix it.

Yesterday, I went into my office to find a half an inch of water on the floor. The office is nowhere near the kitchen, but does share a common wall with the water heater and water softener. So, I went out into the garage, and sure enough, the water softener was leaking. Why it was leaking into the wall, I'll never know.

So, I called the plumber back and said I now had an emergency. He came out, examined the water softener and we agreed, the thing was toast. So, $1,500 for a new water softener. The disposal was also terminal, so $600 for a new disposal, and $400 in labor for the work done on Friday and to be done on Monday and Tuesday.

I am now drying out a lot of electrical equipment in the yard. At least it's sunny ... although it was only 30 degrees (F) when I got up this morning, but there is next to no humidity, so it should dry out pretty quickly.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #38
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
I'm pleased that you're pleased. About that head exploding, pity what it did to your computer.
Now that was a hard head
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:43 AM   #39
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Aw, I'm so very touched by all your thoughtful offers of bones, bacon, and chocolate. :doggiewitheyewellingupwithtear: I'll take them all, thank you very much. But if Zee is tempted to send me a bone from one of her SHUMS, sorry, but I'm definitely not interested. They're heathens.
oh FINE ! refuse my humble offerings !! spurn my sincere gifts !!! do you want bones or not ??? what do you care if they're heathen ?? they're still bones !!!
Old 11-16-2008, 10:43 AM   #40
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Now that was a hard head
many people have remarked that i am very hard-headed, indeed.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:34 AM   #41
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Well, it all started Friday night when the garbage disposal jammed up. I didn't have the right wrench to fix it, so I called the plumber. He couldn't come until Monday, so I went to the hardware store to buy a wrench and try to fix it myself.

I could not get the wrench to budge ... not one inch. So, I figured I'd wait until Monday and have the plumber fix it.

Yesterday, I went into my office to find a half an inch of water on the floor. The office is nowhere near the kitchen, but does share a common wall with the water heater and water softener. So, I went out into the garage, and sure enough, the water softener was leaking. Why it was leaking into the wall, I'll never know.

So, I called the plumber back and said I now had an emergency. He came out, examined the water softener and we agreed, the thing was toast. So, $1,500 for a new water softener. The disposal was also terminal, so $600 for a new disposal, and $400 in labor for the work done on Friday and to be done on Monday and Tuesday.

I am now drying out a lot of electrical equipment in the yard. At least it's sunny ... although it was only 30 degrees (F) when I got up this morning, but there is next to no humidity, so it should dry out pretty quickly.

Sorry to hear that Ricky .. insurance will cover it, won't it??
Old 11-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #42
GeoffC

Quote:
many people have remarked that i am very hard-headed, indeed.
no you have not got a hard head, it's just those edges of the windmill that catch the outer cranium walls that cause the problem ....
Old 11-16-2008, 12:56 PM   #43
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Sorry to hear that Ricky .. insurance will cover it, won't it??
Ummm .... no?? I don't have insurance that covers those sorts of things ... at least not as far as I know. I mean, they'd cover the damage from the flooding ... but really, there isn't much of that, but not the cost of the dead appliances.

But really .... it's all ok. It's just part of what happens. It's just that it sort of screwed up my weekend plans. I was finally going to start working on the bookshelves. However, yesterday was just too cold and windy outside, and then there was the flood, and today I've got too much other stuff to do.

Ah well.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:39 PM   #44
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
oh FINE ! refuse my humble offerings !! spurn my sincere gifts !!! do you want bones or not ??? what do you care if they're heathen ?? they're still bones !!!
Now, Your Majesty, if you start shipping out physical evidence, our alibies won't do any good......
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:41 PM   #45
zelda_pinwheel

hm. good point. would it help if i put a false name on the package ?

Tags
blue one next to the fish, bone, chocolate, doggie, giving, hurricane, kingdom of bacon and bone, rfid, unutterable silliness, vivaldirules