Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 10-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #1
julliette
julliette began at the beginning.

Device: nookcolor
Kindle for PC won't play video content

I just bought an enhanced ebook with video and audio content, and on the page(s) of the book where the content should be says: 'This device does not support video/audio content'. I have Kindle for my Samsung Galaxy phone and I'm getting the same message. I also have an original Kindle which, of course, doesn't have audio or video function.

Is there a program I can download, something I need to do to access the extra content I paid for?
julliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:55 AM   #2
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
The few enhanced editions that I've stumbled across on Amazon have stated on the book's product page : Audio/Video content only available for iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touch devices.

You might want to check out the product page of the book you bought and see what it says regarding device requirements.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:19 AM   #3
julliette
julliette began at the beginning.

Device: nookcolor
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdancer View Post
The few enhanced editions that I've stumbled across on Amazon have stated on the book's product page : Audio/Video content only available for iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touch devices.

You might want to check out the product page of the book you bought and see what it says regarding device requirements.
My husband has an ipad, but he says he's always had trouble playing youtube videos, or vids on Facebook. I don't think he's ever bought an ebook with enhanced content, though. Guess I'll have to try it out....we both share the same Kindle account.
julliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
My husband has an ipad, but he says he's always had trouble playing youtube videos, or vids on Facebook. I don't think he's ever bought an ebook with enhanced content, though. Guess I'll have to try it out....we both share the same Kindle account.
There are many video formats. The Kindle on iPad should work fine. There is a special iPad app for youtube videos but trying from a browser is problematic.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The iOS and Android Kindle Apps are the only ones that can currently be used for "enhanced" ebooks with audio or video content.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote