Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible - a Tale of Rejection

A week ago today, I attempted to sign up for the KSO Audible promo: 6 months of Audible for only $6. After hitting the Get Started button from the link, I was greeted with this message:

Quote:
Thanks for Your Interest in 6 for 6

We're having some trouble getting you signed up for the offer.

Remember:

You can only take advantage of 6 for 6 if you have a Kindle with Special Offers registered to your account, are not a current Audible member, or if you haven't taken this offer before.

If you meet these criteria, we're happy to get you into the offer now. Just email us or call...
Well, I meet the criteria; so on the phone I go to get this resolved. The CS rep was unable to sign me up after several attempts at his end and said he'd pass it on to someone who could. Should be a matter of hours or a day or two. For my inconvenience, he gives me a free audiobook.

Two days later (Thu), still getting rejected. So I call back and get the same results.

Two more days pass (Sat) and still no luck. On the phone again and told a team is working on it. Call back Tue if not signed up by then. For the second time, I was given a free audiobook for the inconvenience.

Well, today is Tue and I'm still getting rejected. Time for my 4th phone call, which yields the same results as my last one. Only this time, someone from the team working on my problem would be calling me tomorrow (Wed).

What is so difficult about this that it takes over a week to resolve?

I get the feeling that Audible (an Amazon company) doesn't want me for a customer. So much for Amazon's vaunted customer service.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I don't know... one more call and a third free audiobook and you may have gotten the entire value of the original offer anyway.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I don't know... one more call and a third free audiobook and you may have gotten the entire value of the original offer anyway.
It's like every other call yields a free audiobook.

Still want the offer. Trying to collect the Dune series.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It's like every other call yields a free audiobook.

Still want the offer. Trying to collect the Dune series.
Just make a few more calls. Maybe you'll get some more freebies AND the offer.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
That's pretty annoying, though. Nice to get the free stuff, but sounds like a PITA.
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I get the feeling that Audible (an Amazon company) doesn't want me for a customer. So much for Amazon's vaunted customer service.
I don't know, so far you've gotten some free audiobooks and it sounds like they are trying to fix the problem so you can get the offer. If they didn't want you, I don't think they'd still be working on it. I hope they get it fixed for you.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Update:

Audible called while I was gone needing my KSO's serial number. I call back and the person needing that info is already gone for the day (which I fully expected); so I gave the CS rep the number and he added it to my file. I also find out that I'm not the only one with this problem.

My big question is: if they knew this was a problem, why did they wait over a week to ask for my serial number?

Stay tuned...
Old 06-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Update:

Still not resolved and the CS rep was unable to contact the person assigned to my case. I was basically told that they're still working on it. In the meantime, I was given another free audiobook. I also told her that my free trial ends tomorrow and that I don't want to be charged, so she extended the trial period one month.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #9
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Really, at this rate your best option is for them to take a year or so to figure it out.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #10
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
Really, at this rate your best option is for them to take a year or so to figure it out.
Lol seriously.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:24 PM   #11
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
If you cancel the current subscription (use up your codes, first), you should get the $6 offer to go right thru. I know it says it will convert, but it's a lie - you have to cancel an existing subscription before the $6 trial will work.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:14 AM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
If you cancel the current subscription (use up your codes, first), you should get the $6 offer to go right thru. I know it says it will convert, but it's a lie - you have to cancel an existing subscription before the $6 trial will work.
Thanks for the tip. I actually considered doing just that this morning and called to do so; but after getting another free book and being told that I'd be contacted soon, I decided to wait and see what happens. Besides, I have until Friday before the offer expires. I was told on previous calls that since I already initiated the offer, I'd still be eligible after it expires. Not sure I trust that info; so if nothing shakes by Friday, I'll give it a shot.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:20 AM   #13
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Quote:
I was actually able to convert my existing account with no problem at all - except that I'm now getting emails based on the old account showing offers that I'm not entitled to since my account is a promotional one. I won't complain too loudly though, because when I emailed to ask them about it, they gave me a $10 credit for my trouble. Even when they can't seem to make things work, you can't get mad at their CS when they keep giving you free stuff!
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #14
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I was actually able to convert my existing account with no problem at all - except that I'm now getting emails based on the old account showing offers that I'm not entitled to since my account is a promotional one. I won't complain too loudly though, because when I emailed to ask them about it, they gave me a $10 credit for my trouble. Even when they can't seem to make things work, you can't get mad at their CS when they keep giving you free stuff!
I used the same email address for both (so, no extra emails). When I tried to sign up w/o canceling the trial, it would not go thru (perhaps because it was only a trial?).

I have the two-account issue with Netflix, though; an old account that I sometimes forget and sign into, which wants me to give them a valid credit card (it's so old, the one on file expired in '03) before continuing. Would not be an issue, but I accidentally signed in with it on my PS3 -- required finding the secret sign-in handshake to clear my netflix info on the PS3, so I could sign in with the correct account (Google to the rescue, once again).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #15
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Quote:
I used the same email address for both (so, no extra emails). When I tried to sign up w/o canceling the trial, it would not go thru (perhaps because it was only a trial?).

I have the two-account issue with Netflix, though; an old account that I sometimes forget and sign into, which wants me to give them a valid credit card (it's so old, the one on file expired in '03) before continuing. Would not be an issue, but I accidentally signed in with it on my PS3 -- required finding the secret sign-in handshake to clear my netflix info on the PS3, so I could sign in with the correct account (Google to the rescue, once again).
I changed the email address on my Audible account before signing up for the $6 special offer because I was hoping to keep the old account open. I hadn't at that point linked my Audible and Amazon accounts, but apparently they had compared their customer databases before I made the email change, because when I tried to sign up for the special offer as a new account, they forced me to transfer the old account rather than having both open. It all went smoothly, even though I would rather have my old account left alone - I don't like getting only one credit per month!
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote