Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-25-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
gteague
Zealot
gteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toys

Device: kindle v1.0
how to embed title and author

anyone know how to get kindle to recognize the title and author in a homemade ebook such as those created with mobipocket creator?

in other words, none of the text files i've sent over have an author listed when using the sort function and i need as many sort keys as possible as my content expands.

i've been all through the mobipocket creator help and online faq and i can't see how it's done. i even examined some .mobi files i'd gotten from mobipocket, but they display in hex and i'm just not good at picking out the relevant portions.

thanks in advance,

/guy
gteague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:27 AM   #2
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
i think you need to use a different program to embed author and title info into the PRC file. is it called "mobipocket publisher" ?
not sure ...
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:37 AM   #3
gteague
Zealot
gteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toys

Device: kindle v1.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
i think you need to use a different program to embed author and title info into the PRC file. is it called "mobipocket publisher" ?
not sure ...
you're exactly right.

stupid of me really. when i installed mobipocket creator for some reason i selected the 'home' version instead of the 'publisher' version. perhaps i thought i had to pay for publisher.

at any rate, i had to uninstall completely to get the option back and now i have the metadata option under the view menu.

thanks for the accurate reply.

/guy
gteague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:45 AM   #4
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
You could also edit the OPF file and add the additional metadata. A few of the allowed items are:

<dc:Title>Book Title Here</dc:Title>
<dc:Creator>Smith, John Q.</dc:Creator>
<dc:Language>en-us</dc:Language>
<dc:Date>11/26/2007</dc:Date>
Note that these seem to be case sensitive.
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote