Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 07:58 AM   #1
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Frankfurt Book Fair: jetBook mini

I just made several pictures of jetBook mini on Frankfurt Book fair. It will be available in Germany end of November.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0015.JPG
Views:	624
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	59493   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0012.JPG
Views:	597
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	59494   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0011.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	480.5 KB
ID:	59495  
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
awesome shots Kris, do you know how much they're gonna be selling the jetBook mini in Germany or Europe for?
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
DLI
Banned
DLI has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: jetBook, Kindle
How many colors did they show? How do they handle ePub?
DLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
awesome shots Kris, do you know how much they're gonna be selling the jetBook mini in Germany or Europe for?
They told me that price will be 99 Eur
Old 10-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLI View Post
How many colors did they show? How do they handle ePub?
They have 8 colors. You need download Calibre to convert non DRMed ePub to TXT or FB2.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
Jeez that thing is small, its the closest thing to an actual book iv seen so far. I read it has the same size screen as the other jetBooks which is good enough for me. I wonder when they will start selling the other colors, i only see 2 on the website.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #7
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
i remember they had that Target coupon with all the color options but it would be nice to see them alive, any way you can take a few shots Kris?
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #8
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Did anyone else think that red one looked like a toy? More specifically, an etch-a-sketch on its side, but the packaging and color looks like something a toddler would play with.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:29 PM   #9
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Not sure if others have mentioned this or not, but it kinda reminds me of the Pocketbook 360, just no hard cover. I NEED one to play with!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #10
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Not sure if others have mentioned this or not, but it kinda reminds me of the Pocketbook 360, just no hard cover. I NEED one to play with!
S
The mini was so close to getting me to buy it... but the lack of support for ePub (converting with third party software doesn't count!) turned me off. At least the 360 has had a price drop that has put it back in contention as I look for a new reader.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:07 PM   #11
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
The lack of PDF support kills it for me.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #12
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
i remember they had that Target coupon with all the color options but it would be nice to see them alive, any way you can take a few shots Kris?
Yes, they have many colors. I will try to make these pictures and maybe video tomorrow. I asked if they can sell blue color unit for $99 but they have only samples on the show . I like "change hand feature" when you can rotate the screen for left and right hand.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #13
Kris777
Banned

Quote:

LuBiB, see more pictures. I made the video but I cannot upload it here now because file is too big. They had green color unit yesterday but they don't have it today anymore. It looks like somebody purchased it for 99 Eur...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0020.JPG
Views:	391
Size:	931.3 KB
ID:	59575   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0023.JPG
Views:	397
Size:	973.7 KB
ID:	59576   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0027.JPG
Views:	385
Size:	916.8 KB
ID:	59577   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0026.JPG
Views:	369
Size:	910.4 KB
ID:	59578  
Old 10-09-2010, 07:44 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I really can't see a reader which appears to offer no support for commercial eBook formats being a success.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I really can't see a reader which appears to offer no support for commercial eBook formats being a success.
Same here. The lack of basic support for at least epub and pdf would be a great negative point...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote