Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
EQUILIBRIUM (Portal Chronicles Book Two)

I am so pleased to announce that my new book is up on Amazon!! EQUILIBRIUM. It's book two of the Portal Chronicles (Book One):

Book Description

It's not every day you see a naked body slumped by the side of the road...

This ominous sight is just the beginning of a mystery that will span two dimensions

When California teen Arizona Darley and her siblings go missing, their mother, Dr. Olivia Darley, discovers that the time-travel portal she invented has been hijacked.

Is the hijacker responsible for the disappearance of her children? Have the children been transported to another dimension? If so, the police and FBI will never be able to find them, and Olivia must find a way to rescue her children on her own.

How will she do this without access to the portal?

EQUILIBRIUM is book two of the Portal Chronicles.

Advance copy reviews:

Love the story and it is great having the character grow so much more in the plot of the sequel....

If you loved Portal by Imogen Rose, the story of tomboy Arizona Stevens who hates her little sister and whose parents are divorced, waking up one day in the back of a van and into an alternative universe where she becomes Arizona Darely, a blond cheerleading who loves her little sister and whose parents love each other even more….you will love this book.

The story Equilibrium addresses some of the nagging questions the reader might have had from the first book, and dives more into the life of Arizona's mother, Olivia Stevens. The reader will learn more about Olivia's colleagues too, as well as their children and lives which have been altered dramatically by the 'portal'.

The reader will re-discover the passion Arizona and Kellan shared from the first book, falling in love with their union all over again. A healthy mix of science fiction and romance, this story is not cliche, nor sappy and it doesn't drown the reader in science fiction either.

I enjoyed it more than the first book!

A great read for those who love the Sookie Stackhouse Series and the passion of Twilight, fans of Portal will not be disappointed in this sequel entitled Equilibrium.
-Ami Blackwelder(Hot Gossip Hot Reviews)

Just finished Equilibrium!! AMAZING! I am ready for Quantum and everything else that comes after. You feel the emotions of each of the characters so much in this book, it was just simply amazing!

The story answered questions from Portal and opened some new questions as well, yet left you wanting more more more. The last page completely blew me away, my heart is still pounding!

Awesome Job Imogen!
-Angela Crisp-Borchardt

Last edited by ImogenRose; 08-12-2010 at 03:14 PM.
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:25 AM   #2
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Review on Amazon:

Did you read Portal? Then you are definitely going to want to read this and find out more about the complications of the Darley-Stevens
family, especially Teen Arizona Darley or is it Stevens? If you didn't read Portal you will want to read Equilibrium anyway. The book will have you turning the
pages as secret after secret is revealed. Young love and turmoil in an unbelievable situation. The ending will blow your mind.
Author Imogen Rose is bringing it on!
Old 07-22-2010, 02:57 AM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Congrats! Can't wait until it hits smashwords in epub!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:54 AM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Congrats! Can't wait until it hits smashwords in epub!
Thank you, GraceKrispy!

Here is another nice review from Amazon:

It has been a couple of months since I read Portal (the first of the series), so I wasn't sure how easily I'd pick up the story and remember the characters in Equilibrium. But as soon as I started I was immediately back in Arizona Darley's world. I really enjoyed Portal but I think Equilibrium is even better. It has a bit more of a fast-moving "thriller/crime" feel to it, and there is much more information on the time travel aspects of the story. I've not read many time travel books but enjoyed "classics" like "The Time Machine" and the Terminator series. This is a totally different type of story but the whole time travel concept gets you thinking. I liked the fact that many of the questions raised in Portal are answered in Equilibrium. But like Portal, the most enjoyable part of this book is that you feel fascinated by the characters and the plot, and can't wait to turn the next page to find out what happens next. And of course, Imogen Rose keeps you wanting more with a great ending.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL

EQUILIBRIUM will be the Kindle nation sponsor on Saturday
Old 08-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #6
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImogenRose View Post
EQUILIBRIUM will be the Kindle nation sponsor on Saturday
What does that mean?
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #7
Donna Callea
Author
Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle
I'm just starting Portal. Great Reviews! Glad that the sequel will be waiting for me when I'm done.
Donna Callea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:08 AM   #8
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadata View Post
What does that mean?
Kindle Nation has a paid sponsor everyday. Equilibrium was today's sponsor.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:08 AM   #9
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Callea View Post
I'm just starting Portal. Great Reviews! Glad that the sequel will be waiting for me when I'm done.
Thanks, Donna. I hope you enjoy it!
Old 09-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #10
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Review by Vine Voice:

A sequel. Part two. Book two. Two little words that make me cringe. As a rule, I try to avoid series (although it seems that is all I'm reading these days, go figure). It's not that I have anything against them. I like the character development that can happen across multiple books. I like following story lines and threads through to the bitter end. I don't like BOOK TWO though. That usually means that, well, it's going to suck. What is it with "book two"? Do authors set out to make them bad or does it just happen that way?

I read the first book of this series and got to the end where I realized there will be a book two. I really wanted to cry. It meant that a story I liked would likely be slaughtered. But I powered through and I bought Equilibrium just the same. Man, am I glad that I did! Imogen Rose has done a fantastic job of continuing the story while introducing us to new elements. There wasn't a sucky story line in the bunch. Kudos to her! Well edited, well executed and just downright fun.

The thing that I think I like about these books is that they are not heavy. It's pretty light scifi time travel, which is right up my alley. There's a young adult element to it, but unlike other popular YA, I don't feel the need to have a friend hold down Arizona while I beat the living snot out of her. She's a likable character with very realistic teenage angst. It just happens that her mom built a time portal and she remembers her life from another dimension. Yup, pretty normal, alright!

Seriously though. This book is very well done. The author is definitely one to watch. Her writing style is perfect for this sub-genre of YA and I hope she sticks with it. Her writing was great in the first book and she doesn't disappoint in the second. I'm told the third book will be out in the Fall 2010. Let's hope! The ending left me on edge, ahhh!, cliffhangers!

I'd give this 4.5 stars if I could. It loses a half star because there's a few time where the... I'm not sure of the phrase for it, but who's "speaking" change. It goes from being narrated to first person (Arizona) a few times without really giving us a heads up as to what's going on. For instance, it went from telling us what Rupert was doing and a few paragraphs later it read "I laughed". Um, the narrator laughed? SO very minor and not something I would noticed usually. And yes, there was a ---- break to show a change of scene. It's my own personal niggle. I'm weird like that, folks!

Very highly recommended. A light read that will leave you smiling. Trust me, just buy it.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #11
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Check out my FB page for a couple of fun giveaways: http://www.facebook.com/pages/PORTAL...4017116?ref=ts
Old 09-11-2010, 12:46 AM   #12
BexBits
Zealot
BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook classic, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD
I've been waiting for this to appear on Smashwords so I can get it in epub. Are you going to release an epub version?
BexBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #13
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexBits View Post
I've been waiting for this to appear on Smashwords so I can get it in epub. Are you going to release an epub version?
Dellaster ( a member here) is no longer doing SW conversions (he did the one for PORTAL for me), so I doubt that I will, unless I find someone else who can.

Imogen