Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-31-2009, 05:04 PM   #16
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Perhaps you should offer a prize? A "walk-off" part (i.e. they get to walk off a cliff in a future book) maybe?

Another one:

Col. Emily Stearns: Katherine Hepburn....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Hmm... I was hoping for more of a response so far. I may have to open up the casting possibilities to animated characters next.

Let's see: Daffy Duck is very versatile...
Does that mean we can cast the Penguins from Madagascar?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:04 PM   #17
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
With all the new posts on MR now, it is getting harder to keep up with all of them. Sometimes, it takes going back a few pages of new posts to catch stuff We aren't ignoring you, we just may not be catching your posts.

Quote:

Also, feel free to include photos of your choices.

The principal characters are:[LIST][*]Julian Lenz: CEO (chief executive officer) of the satellite Verdant. Strong, quiet type, in his early sixties. Last name suggests a Slavic ancestry, but he was born and raised in U.S.. Reasonably healthy for his age, ruggedly handsome, intelligent, respected leader.
Click image for larger version

Name:	connery.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	33392...Sean Connery?

Quote:
[*]Reya Luis: EO (executive officer) of the satellite Verdant. Noticeably smaller in build than Julian Lenz, a Latina from a large extended family. Pretty and athletic, with a personality that is controlled fire and wry sense of humor. Capable of running Verdant on her own, and no one you would want to tangle with.
Yes...Penelope CruzClick image for larger version

Name:	p crui.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	33393

Quote:
[*]Dr. Jacqueline Silver: Head of Verdant sciences departments, answers to Aaron Hardy. Strong Native American, trim figure and attractive eyes. Incredibly intelligent and observant, quiet and generally cold, but capable of excitement when challenged scientifically.

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	33389Julia Jones

Quote:
[*]Gaston Lambert: President of the U.S.. American-born of French descent, smart, attractive, healthy, single, and popular. He wants to retire on Verdant, even if it means taking over the independent satellite.

Name:	clooney.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	33390...George Clooney

Would like this rogue somewhere but don't know where...Click image for larger version

Name:	depp.JPG
Views:	291
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	33391..Johnny Depp
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2009, 09:13 AM   #18
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Dreams, those picks are excellent! (Still not sure Cruz could be tough enough for the Reya role. I was thinking more along the lines of Maria Conchita Alonzo or Michelle Rodriguez.) Depp would make a good "Surprise Bad Guy," or even Hunter Reilly.

Keep 'em coming!

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 08-01-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #19
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Steve, I'm sorry but I just cannot relate to any of the suggestions that have been made so far. They're all a bunch of losers and nobodies, as far as I can tell. (Sorry, no offense intended - you all tried your best given the awful bunch of actors and actresses out there.) Fortunately, however, I have given this considerable thought and have a complete cast to recommend to you. Unfortunately, the photos I have are only what I see in my head so bear with me a little. Here's the first set of characters.

Julian Lenz: Alexander

Reya Luis: DixieGal

Aaron Hardy: Steve Jordan

Dr. Calvin Rios: Harry T.

Dr. Jacqueline Silver: Patricia

Dr. Valeria Epstein: badgoodDeb

Gaston Lambert: pshrynk

Enu Thompson: montsnmags

Kris Fawkes: zelda_pinwheel
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #20
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Second set:

Shay Vaughn: Lady Blue

Roy Grand: RWood

Anise Lenz: Verencat

Lt. "Hunter" Reilly: Nate the Great

Lt. Goldie Maina: NatCh

Lin Sen Chiu: Lazy Scott
Advert
Old 08-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #21
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Last set. Sorry I wasn't able to cast everyone here. I'm sure there will be other parts for you (the man on the street, a waitress or two, some potted plants, etc.).

Maria Rios: desertgrandma

Erin Rios: ravenne

Walter Gordon: vivaldirules

Lemuel Carter: wetdogeared

Col. Emily Stearns: lilac_jive

GLIS (Governing Logistics Intelligence System): Taylor514ce

“Surprise bad guy”: yvanleterrible
Old 08-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #22
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
VR, this is an awesome casting, and I love the pictures you chose! They are all so accurate! And you cast me in the role I wanted! Yay!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #23
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okaaay...

I'll pass those suggestions on to the PTA. No promises, though, as they tend to be hung up on box office draw (as opposed to side-splittingly strange).
Old 08-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #24
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Okaaay...

I'll pass those suggestions on to the PTA. No promises, though, as they tend to be hung up on box office draw (as opposed to side-splittingly strange).
Drat! My future career as a big-time, big-screen casting agent is foiled again. I guess I'll just have to go back to my dream as a professional yodeller. Speaking of that, have you heard my latest YouTube video? Let me get that for you, Steve. Maybe you could use it somewhere in your movie score.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #25
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Drat! My future career as a big-time, big-screen casting agent is foiled again. I guess I'll just have to go back to my dream as a professional yodeller. Speaking of that, have you heard my latest YouTube video? Let me get that for you, Steve. Maybe you could use it somewhere in your movie score.
Whack!

Sorryyyy!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #26
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Well... as long as John Williams isn't returning my calls...
Old 08-02-2009, 02:22 PM   #27
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:

Quote:
Dreams, those picks are excellent! (Still not sure Cruz could be tough enough for the Reya role. I was thinking more along the lines of Maria Conchita Alonzo or Michelle Rodriguez.) Depp would make a good "Surprise Bad Guy," or even Hunter Reilly.

Keep 'em coming!
Maybe, like this?

Quote:
# Shay Vaughn: Employed by a shipping company, Lusterne Freight, to lobby politicos and other leaders by providing sexual favors as required… for the duration of the story, she is assigned to President Lambert, whom she has been with before. American of African-European descent, beautiful, voluptuous and hard to resist. Supposedly she has been around the world, and tried almost everything sexual there is to be tried. An opportunist, but not stupid… possibly even dangerous.

Name:	Maria Conchita Alonzo 1.JPG
Views:	351
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	33510Maria Conchita Alonzo. . Click image for larger version

Name:	halle berry.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	33525Halle Berry. .

Name:	anissa daoud.JPG
Views:	290
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	33524Anissa Daoud

Quote:
Anise Lenz: Julian Lenz’s daughter, employed as a freighter pilot on hire to one of Verdant’s principal shipping contractors. Pretty and popular, in her early thirties, devoted to her father.

Name:	michelle rodriquez.JPG
Views:	332
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	33509Michelle Rodriguez

Last edited by dreams; 08-03-2009 at 12:39 AM.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #28
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Ah, further cast-building! I like Halle Berry as Shay. (Heck, I'd like Halle Berry in anything you put her in!) Anissa would also be a good Maria Rios.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:37 AM   #29
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Goodness, this is looking more interesting all the time! So what will be the rating of this here movie? I mean, will there be that dreadful clothing stuff?
Old 08-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #30
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Goodness, this is looking more interesting all the time! So what will be the rating of this here movie? I mean, will there be that dreadful clothing stuff?
Ratings? Well, the story as storyboarded... uh, written... has sex, but it is carried on behind closed doors, so to speak (I went back and forth on this in the draft, but I finally decided it was not necessary for the telling of the story to have explicit sex scenes). Still, there are some sexy and romantic moments.

And yeah, there are clothes. But they could be sexy, futuristic clothes!

Tags
casting, characters, new book, steve jordan