Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-29-2008, 09:35 PM   #1
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Sony PRSA-CL1 and spots.

This is the Sony cover with the built in wedge light. I was wondering others opinion of this. I bought one at Target yesterday and really like it.... except for the spots that seem to flair when in a dark area and the light is on... Has anyone else that has one of these have spots on theirs? I have contacted Sony and their advice is to take it back to Target. I can, but the closest target is 40+ miles one way. I suppose that is better than shipping mine to Sony and then have them return it or a new one in 7-15 business days...

I have tried to clean it with a glasses (optic) cleaning cloth and solution, but the spot seems to be "in" the wedge plastic... I am really disappointed with Sony's solution. I paid $65 for this thing and now I have to spend another $15 in shipping or gas to get it corrected.

If anyone has had this same issue and found a resolution, please let me know.

Last edited by jedavis1; 09-30-2008 at 05:54 AM.
jedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why not contact target and see if they'll pay to have it shipped back to them and a new one shipped to you?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2008, 12:38 PM   #3
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Was able to get to the "Big City" Target this past weekend and exchanged the cover/light for a new one without spots. Boy what a difference it makes! Some people were saying the slight shadow that follows the right side was distracting, try reading with light "flairs" in the middle of the pages (about the size of grains of cooked rice).
jedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote