Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Smile The Fourth Official Desertgrandma Countdown to Christmas Thread!

I dunno how many days are left before Christmas but I sure hope Desertgrandma tells us. Not too many, I'll bet. Unlike Mister Ed, this doggie is arithmeticly challenged and could use some help, please.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Doughnut Day is in 5 days. Does that help?
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I dunno how many days are left before Christmas but I sure hope Desertgrandma tells us. Not too many, I'll bet. Unlike Mister Ed, this doggie is arithmeticly challenged and could use some help, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Doughnut Day is in 5 days. Does that help?
Okay boys and girls, and doggies and chickens and squirrels........its the 4th annual DesertGrandma's Countdown to Christmas!! (And I'll take a glazed, please.)

27 more days before Christmas! Or, 26 more shopping days........are you all ready???

Something to put a smile on your faces.........(CARP!!! Someone remind me how to embed videos please???)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysIzPF3BfpQ
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Okay boys and girls, and doggies and chickens and squirrels........its the 4th annual DesertGrandma's Countdown to Christmas!! (And I'll take a glazed, please.)

27 more days before Christmas! Or, 26 more shopping days........are you all ready???

Something to put a smile on your faces.........(CARP!!! Someone remind me how to embed videos please???)

[*YOUTUBE]ysIzPF3BfpQ[*/YOUTUBE]

minus *s

Old 11-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:

Oh, thank you, grandma! So what comes after 27? Never mind, I'll find out tomorrow.

CARP!!!

Last edited by vivaldirules; 11-28-2012 at 02:56 PM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just to show I can do it.........and for Poohbear nc...........and thank you Hamlet53........

Old 11-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Were you filming in my neighborhood?

Welcome back dg!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
That's...2 more paychecks before Christmas!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:44 AM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thanks VR and hi! dg!!

Just want to add my little one... Crazy Frog

dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #10
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thanks DG. That's my kind of song. I don't need to know the lyrics...just the melody.

@dreams - I love Crazy Frog. Thanks for sharing.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

okay people, there are only 26 more shopping days before Christmas!

In memory of a wonderful entertainer.........
Old 11-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Dreams you put a smile on my face.........Bless you!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
okay people, there are only 26 more shopping days before Christmas!
Shopping is done, package will arrive tomorrow...

Christmas is again early this year!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #14
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
okay people, there are only 26 more shopping days before Christmas!....
What we need is for someone to post a bank account balance countdown graphic.

Hi there, dg! I was looking for the annual countdown thread the other day. You usually start it.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #15
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

I suppose I should be embarrassed, but I have no gift shopping to do this year, and have not for years. With no children to buy gifts for—such is the state one reaches after a certain age—the major reason for the Christmas giving season is for me past. My intimate circle is now limited to those of an age like myself that just do not need any additional “stuff.” So several years ago we decided to each make a cash contribution to a pool that will be donated to a charity. In a round robin fashion each year one person gets to pick the charity. I am not always happy with the choice people make as a prefer not giving anything to a charity with religious affiliation. That and I want as much of the money to go towards the charitable objective of the organization, as opposed to marketing and employee compensation. As a general rule the better known a charity is the worse it does with respect to the latter criteria. This year the friend who once serve in the Peace Corps got the choice and picked this;
http://www.heifer.org/