Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
New Stephen King book August 21, 2012

The new one is called A Face in the Crowd and is co-written by Stewart O'Nan who co-wrote Faithful, the one about the Red Socks fans.

An official announcement linked from Stephen King's website is here: http://www.stephenking.com/promo/face_in_the_crowd/

It's described as "the original ebook" and seems to be released in eBook and audiobook formats only at this time.

I've had bad luck preordering eBooks so I'm waiting until Tuesday to buy it.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Requiem
Enthusiast
Requiem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Requiem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Requiem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Requiem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Requiem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Requiem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Requiem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Requiem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Requiem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Requiem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Requiem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Transformer
He's been busy lately, maybe this is one of those times when they paid for his name just to get more people to buy it, or maybe he is just writing like a madman.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I find it a very strange phenomenon, this co-writing wheeze, especially by someone as "famous"/prolific/skilled/accomplished/successful as Stephen King, for example.....

Do big-name authors who engage in this think the "junior partner" in the relationship deserves a leg-up, or need help or a fresh approach on a particular slant in the treatment - or do they perhaps find themselves unable to summon up the will to finish yet another best-seller, and feel in need of some outside assistance ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Well, I didn't read "Faithful" because I'm not a baseball guy, but for $1.99 I went ahead and pre-ordered this. I like Stephen King stories enough that even when they're bad there's still some nugget of enjoyment I get out of them. Even if it's just dissecting why they're bad.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
The new one is called A Face in the Crowd and is co-written by Stewart O'Nan who co-wrote Faithful, the one about the Red Socks fans.
Um, isn't it Red Sox vice Red Socks?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2012, 01:25 AM   #6
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Um, isn't it Red Sox vice Red Socks?
You're right. The Boston baseball team is the Red Sox, named in 1908. The city's previous baseball team was called the Boston Red Stockings.

Oddly, I never noticed the misspelling before.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:31 AM   #7
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
I've never had anything but let-downs when it comes to co-authored books of this kind, so no more of them for me. Makes no difference to me who the big name is, Tom Clancy put me off such books once and for all.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
It appeared in my library today. Hm, it's only 30 pages. I guess I was expecting at least a novella, this is a short story at best. Haven't read it yet but I'll probably read it tonight. Shouldn't take too long.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #9
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Got/read this today from Google (using voucher they gave me), was quite an enjoyable read, 48 pages in length and 12 or 13 pages sample of another book at the end

If I hadn't got it for free don't think I would have bothered as £2.99 is a bit steep, should have been a £0.99 book
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #10
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
Got/read this today from Google (using voucher they gave me), was quite an enjoyable read, 48 pages in length and 12 or 13 pages sample of another book at the end

If I hadn't got it for free don't think I would have bothered as £2.99 is a bit steep, should have been a £0.99 book
Pleasantly surprised, nice little read.
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote