Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #1
Yancoucou
Yancoucou began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, PRS-T1
Compiling Calibre on NAS

Hi !

I'm trying to get calibre running headless on my NAS. I use it extensively on my laptop, but I would be much more comfortable for the whole family to get it on the NAS (and much geekier, I admit).

I can't install it using the binaries, as my NAS's glibc version is to oold. Therefore I tried to compile it from source on the NAS, but I dont have QT on this minimalist OS. Is there any other solution I could try ? Maybe with an old version ?

Thanks for any tip
Yancoucou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You would need Qt whatever version of Calibre you use. There are also many other dependencies that would need to be put in place if you are not using the binary install.

Are you sure that your NAS has enough CPU power/RAM to successfully run Calibre as if not it is not worth putting much effort into trying to get it to run.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
Yancoucou
Yancoucou began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, PRS-T1
Good question... that's a Qnap SS-439 : ATOM 1.6, with 1Gb RAM.
Actually I didn't even ask myself this question. Is calibre that heavy ?
Yancoucou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yancoucou View Post
Good question... that's a Qnap SS-439 : ATOM 1.6, with 1Gb RAM.
Actually I didn't even ask myself this question. Is calibre that heavy ?
My p4 3.2 pants every time I convert
(Oh! that is just the fans shifting to HI )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote