Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2012, 04:08 AM   #1
magphil
Connoisseur
magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3, Kobo glow
Merging metadata when adding duplicate

Hi,

Is there a way to merge books metadata when adding duplicate book ?

I want to import books that have covers, summary, rating, publishing date in the records, but not series/serie_index. Many of those books aready exist in my lib, but with no covers, summary ... but they have series/serie_index set.

I would like calibre to keep covers,summary ... from the new import even in case of adding new format to existing book.

Is that possible ?

As a side question, Is at possible to launch 2 instances of calibre pointing to 2 different libraries ?

Thanks
magphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:19 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by magphil View Post
I would like calibre to keep covers,summary ... from the new import even in case of adding new format to existing book.

Is that possible ?
I don't think this is currently an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magphil View Post
As a side question, Is at possible to launch 2 instances of calibre pointing to 2 different libraries ?
Why? One instance can switch back and forth between libraries easy enough.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 04:23 AM   #3
magphil
Connoisseur
magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3, Kobo glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I don't think this is currently an option.

Why? One instance can switch back and forth between libraries easy enough.
It is already possible in bulk edit to get the cover from the book. It would be nice to extend this to get metadata as well.

Easier when you wand to copy/paste summary,... from one lib to the next on several books. Switching takes time when you have many books, and libraries are on a NAS
magphil is offline   Reply With Quote