Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-03-2015, 06:59 PM   #526
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you update the change log (inside the Zip) and version, I can move it ti the first post. PM when ready please
Don't forget to update the version number - as has happened before

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:18 PM   #527
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT,Galaxy Tab 2
Uh
Why did it go from 54KB to 165KB
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:28 PM   #528
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR w/Glowlight, Kindle 3g, Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Uh
Why did it go from 54KB to 165KB
That version is built using the calibre-customize -b . command.

I don't have the reference right off hand, but Kovid said that plugin zip files should not be compressed. The reason given was for better load times. Which I expect is true if you have lots of PIs.

I compress FFDL anyway because it's 1M even with compression, but I try to follow that 'rule' with other plugins.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:07 PM   #529
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT,Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That version is built using the calibre-customize -b . command.

I don't have the reference right off hand, but Kovid said that plugin zip files should not be compressed. The reason given was for better load times. Which I expect is true if you have lots of PIs.

I compress FFDL anyway because it's 1M even with compression, but I try to follow that 'rule' with other plugins.
It is now in post (#1)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:30 PM   #530
MCBastos
MCBastos began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 4
Exclamation Bug in the margins feature

I don't know if this has been reported before, but I noticed a bug in the "margins" feature, regarding the calculation of the image position.

It's easy to see it in action -- just create a cover with a centered image. Now define a really thick border around the image -- like, 30 pixels wide.

See it? That's right, the image is no longer centered -- it has been pushed to the right.
MCBastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:23 AM   #531
kksdragons
Bibliophile
kksdragons began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1st ed., Nook Color, ST w/Glow, Nook HD
Help with an error code?

I did a few custom covers a year or so ago with this wonderful plugin.

Now, I'm getting this error:

calibre, version 2.23.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:QPixmap(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'ImageView'
calibre 2.23 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Kindle and Mobipocket DeDRM && K4PC, K4Mac, Kindle Mobi and Topaz DeDRM && Ignoble Epub DeDRM && Inept PDF DeDRM && Inept Epub DeDRM && Fantastic Fiction && Search The Internet && View Manager && Recipe Reader && eReader PDB 2 PML && Author Book Count && Similar Stories && all recipes Recipe Reader && Generate Cover && FanFictionDownLoader && Ex Libris && Find Duplicates && Barnes & Noble && Quick Preferences && Quality Check && Favourites Menu && User Category && EpubSplit && Copy Cover To Device && FictionDB && SmartEject && Modify ePub && Reading List && Overdrive Link && EpubMerge && Webscription && Manage Series && Count Pages && Goodreads
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.action", line 62, in _generate_cover
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.dialogs", line 1343, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.dialogs", line 152, in __init__
TypeError: QPixmap(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'ImageView'

Am I doing something wrong???
kksdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:42 AM   #532
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR w/Glowlight, Kindle 3g, Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kksdragons View Post
I did a few custom covers a year or so ago with this wonderful plugin.

Now, I'm getting this error:
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.dialogs", line 152, in __init__
TypeError: QPixmap(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'ImageView'

Am I doing something wrong???
Update to the current version of the plugin. This problem was fixed ~ 2 months ago.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:34 PM   #533
kksdragons
Bibliophile
kksdragons began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1st ed., Nook Color, ST w/Glow, Nook HD
Thanks so much! It's working beautifully!
kksdragons is offline   Reply With Quote